{ FORTY }

CHAPTER 40 | Recognition

As English class was finally reaching its end, I was getting ready to go. Of course, not before my obnoxious English teacher had to open her irritating mouth and started asking for the homework. The class groaned in annoyance, but I wasn't worried. At all. My conscience was completely serene knowing that I had finished my homework days ago.

I waited until my teacher called my name to go and check my homework. But I decided that I should tease her a little to make her think I didn't do it, just to bother her a little bit.

"Mr. Pierce. Homework." She barked dully, her bored eyes looking at me.

"Uuhhh, yeah... Yeah, hold on." I said, trying to sound worried as I lifted my backpack to my lap and intendedly rummaged through it.

"So? We don't have all the time, Mr. Pierce." She said impatiently after a moment.

"Yeah, wait! I'm looking for it..." I said, still pretending to look for my notebook.

"Just say you didn't do it." She said and I watched as an evil smile formed on her face.

"But I did do it!"

"No, you didn't."

"Oh, there you are! You were hiding from me, huh?" I exclaimed, pulling out my notebook and flipping through the pages as I made my way to her desk, whistling a random song and making the class chuckle.

As I stopped in front of her desk, I handed her the notebook and she took it with a little bit of force. She looked at it and she didn't have other option than to grab her pen and leave her signature on it. Ha! You thought I hadn't done it, huh bitch?

This time I was the one smirking evilly, and I guessed she didn't like that because she looked at the class and barked. "Listen everyone. Your homework for next class is to write a two pages essay about the use of drugs. Also solve your textbook from page 124 to 134, AND write a fifteen-lines paragraph in which you explain what you have learned in those lessons."

The class groaned again and I gaped at her. She seemed satisfied by my reaction. You want to test me, bitch? I think this bitch wants to test me! She's trying to make me fail with the hardest kind of homework that she can come out with. But I won't let this bitch get the satisfaction she wants. I won't let her see me fall. I won't!

"Of course, miss. I'll do my best." I replied, giving her a smile before turning on my heel and walking back to my seat. I could feel her eyes on me the whole time, probably glaring.

I exited from English class and I was now making my way to art. I'm considerably improving in every class of the school. My teachers have noticed it and they congratulate me, telling me to keep going this way. All of them except my English teacher. She clearly wants to see me fail her class. But I'll show her that that's not going to happen.

I took a seat in front of the canvas once I got to art class. I waited for everyone to arrive as I thought of what I should do, but it looks like I was having an artist's block as my brain refused to come out with any ideas.

Elliot took his seat that was next to mine and greeted me eagerly. I greeted him back and he immediately grabbed his paintbrushes to start his work. By the look on his face, I knew he was going to paint Amber just like he has done several times since they became a couple.

That's when I got an idea of what I should paint.

I stared at the canvas for a while, letting my mind remember his image. And when I got a clear image of his face in my mind, I started to capture it on the canvas in front of me. I started by making his head, filling it with its peach colored skin. I traced his ears, his eyes, his nose and his lips. I proceeded to paint his silky brown hair, adding the necessary shades of dark to it. When I finished his hair, it looked so soft and exactly the way it used to be, that I felt the need to touch it.