Chapter 24

A month and a half later...
I've been in pain all day. I might be having contractions, but I'm not entirely sure. My water hasn't broken yet, but I think I should tell Henry.
I walked over to the kitchen, and I saw Henry drinking his coffee and reading the newspaper. He was actually starting to look like a dad. I began walking in as I felt the pain start again. I grabbed the counter and winced in pain.
Henry rushed over to me,"(Y/N), are you okay? What's wrong?"
I looked up at him and he helped me over to a chair."I've been in a lot of pain today. I think I might be having contractions."
"Oh my God! O-Okay! Ummm,"Henry panicked for a second before speaking again,"I guess we have to go to the hospital,right?"
"No, my water hasn't broken yet," I said now not feeling any pain. I remembered back to what Dr.Tozier said at the last check up,"If you feel like you're having contractions, don't rush to the hospital! Wait until your water has broken to go, and if it doesn't break, then call either me or one of our other doctors." I calmed Henry and myself down, and continued with the day. I had to get dressed and take a shower, so I did that and went back down stairs to hang with Belch.

(outfit)I sat on the couch, and tried to stay comfortable

(outfit)
I sat on the couch, and tried to stay comfortable. I talked to Victor's mom about what I should do, how I should prepare, and how to make my pregnancy to as smoothly as possible. She said that I needed lots of rest, I had to stay calm and comfortable, and I shouldn't do anything that required me to do any heavy lifting. I've been doing pretty well with all of that, but right now, I'm trying to stay in one spot and relax. Belch was reading to the baby as I felt another contraction. I didn't tell him about the contractions yet, but it seemed like he just caught on.
"Are you okay, (Y/N)?" He asked.
"Yeah, I'm perfectly fine. Just keep reading," I said through clenched teeth.
"No, you're not fine. When did this start?"
"This morning. I woke up, had a contraction, and the day had gone on. I get contractions about every hour or so, so it's no big deal yet," I said to ease Belch's mind.
"Okay, but once that water breaks, we're outta here," he said rubbing my shoulder. I nodded and he continued reading. I fell asleep, and he put a blanket over top of me.
***time skip***
My contractions became more frequent and I decided I was gonna try and make dinner for me, Belch, and Henry. As soon as I went to reach for a pan my water broke.
"GUYS!" I screamed into the living room,"WE GOTTA GO!"
Henry grabbed the bag he had packed for the hospital, and we piled into the car.
"Breathe, (Y/N). You gotta remember to breathe," Henry sat in the back seat with me and tried to keep me calm.Belch was freaking out about the baby being a couple days early, but I told him that it was completely normal. We ran into the emergency room, and the nurses came out with a wheelchair. They wheeled me back, and got me changed into a hospital gown.
"Here we go, (Y/N)! We're gonna officially be parents," Henry said kissing my head. A nurse came in and gave me an epidural to numb the lower half of my body.
"Is Dr.Tozier here?" I asked the nurse.
"Oh, I'm sorry, sweetheart, but Dr.Tozier can't be here because of a personal emergency. You will have Dr.Skarsgård. Don't worry, he's one of our top OB-GYNs. You're in good hands," she said with a warm smile. I relaxed and kept breathing.
Henry held my hands and looked at me,"Its almost time, everything is going to be fine."
We heard a knock on the door and saw a tall, slim man walk in.

"We heard a knock on the door and saw a tall, slim man walk in

(Dr.Skarsgård)
"Hello, I'm Dr.Skarsgård. I will be delivering your baby today. I know you would've preferred your usual doctor, but I promise you that I will make sure you are taken care of," he said kindly taking us into the delivery room.
"Here we go," I said nervously.
***time skip***
The baby came out at 6 pounds 6 ounces. He was beautiful. When they put him on my chest, I felt whole. It was a feeling I'd never felt before. It was the most beautiful, scary, exhausting, and painful experience I've ever had in my entire life. Henry was with me every step of the way, and that made it so much better.
"What's his name?" the nurse asked filling out a form.
"Nicholas Reginald Bowers," I replied tears steaming down my face. It was such an emotional experience for us. I gave Henry Nick, and he sat on a chair with him.

(Henry and baby Nick)A few minutes later, Belch, Patrick and Victor walk into our room

A few minutes later, Belch, Patrick and Victor walk into our room. They all get a chance to hold Nick, and they all change their facial expressions. They were all in awe as they felt Nick yawn or hold their fingers. He was the best mistake we'd ever made. I'm glad the pregnancy turned out to be the best thing in each of our lives. This was the moment where we all knew our life had changed for the better.