Chapter 35

Patrick's words haunted me for the rest of the day. Every time I would hear his voice, I could only see him and I together. I found myself occasionally glancing over to him as he was just sitting or playing with Nicholas.
We all slept at the beach house, well at least some slept. Everyone was sound asleep and I was wide awake thinking about what Patrick said. Goddamnit Patrick, why did you consume my thoughts? I decided to go on a late night run to try and shake the thoughts. I got changed and headed out.

(outfit)I ran along the beach for 3 hours trying to stop the thoughts, but that's the only thing that my mind would think about

(outfit)
I ran along the beach for 3 hours trying to stop the thoughts, but that's the only thing that my mind would think about. It would say things like "I miss him. Maybe he misses me. What if I love him more than Henry. Fucking Hell, Henry and I are married! Why didn't Patrick get me pregnant? What am I doing?!" I stopped and sat on the sand by the edge of the water so it was just barely touching my feet. I admired the view of the moonlight reflecting off of the ocean. It was breath taking. All I knew was Derry, so this was a huge deal for me. I heard someone plop themselves down next to me, and I looked up. Patrick, the one person I was trying not to think about, was sitting right next to me.
He smiled,"What're you doing out here, princess?"
I shrugged,"I could ask you the same thing."
He chuckled,"Fair enough, I couldn't sleep because my mind has been racing and I was hoping to clear my head out here. You're up."
I sighed,"I've been doing a lot of thinking, I went on a 3 hour run, and now I'm sitting here hoping to get some clarity."
Patrick scooted closer to me and put his hand over mine,"It's what I said earlier, isn't it?"
My face flushed,"How did you know?"
He pulled my body onto his so I was on his lap,"Baby girl, it's not just you. I've had you in my head since that day at the Quarry."
I leaned my head against his chest,"Then why didnt you say anything?"
I felt his chest get tight and his grip on me get tighter. His voice was shaky and I could hear in his voice he wasn't okay,"I was afraid of losing you."
I looked up at him to see the face of a soul who'd lost its purpose. I shifted my body so I was facing him,"Patrick, you didn't lose me. I'm right here!"
He cut me off,"But you're not mine! You're Henry's wife and the mother of Henry's child. I'm not anywhere in either of those scenarios! (Y/N), you and Henry are married! I'm glad that you're happy, and I'm overjoyed that you guys have such an amazing family and I hope you have an astounding life together. I just can't believe I wasn't able to be to you what Henry is."
My face got warm and my eyes began to tear,"PPP-Patrick, I love you!" I managed to choke out as I began to cry.
"(Y/N),it's okay. Don't cry,"he wiped my tears and pulled me into his warm embrace. My light crying turned to sobbing as he moved his hands gently up and down my spine. I just realized how much I needed Patrick in my life. As my crying began to die down, Patrick swayed me back and forth in his arms and hummed a song. He soon began to softly sing to me,"I am not the only traveler, who has not repaid his debt, I've been searching for a trail to follow again, take me back to the night we met." I calmed down at the sound of his deep, velvety voice. I was listening to the lyrics he was singing to me,"And then I can tell myself.What the hell I'm supposed to do
And then I can tell myself
Not to ride along with you. I had all and then most of you
Some and now none of you
Take me back to the night we met
I don't know what I'm supposed to do,Haunted by the ghost of you.Oh, take me back to the night we met." He was singing about us, how he wished we'd never been apart. I hugged him tighter as he continued the song,"When the night was full of terrors,And your eyes were filled with tears.When you had not touched me yet.Oh, take me back to the night we met."
He soon finished the song, and I looked deeply into his baby blue eyes,"That was beautiful."
"Thanks,"he replied as we got up. He gave me a piggy back ride back to the house, and I changed back into my pajamas.

(pajamas) I said good night to Patrick and slid back into bed

(pajamas)
I said good night to Patrick and slid back into bed. Henry wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck. He softly whispered in my ear,"Love you princess."
I whispered back,"Love you too." I didn't know what was happening to me. All I knew was that it might end bad.