Chapter 49

I pick up the light pink sheet of paper and notice a familiar handwriting written across the top. It didnt match the rest of the note, but the top was Belch.
"Yo, before you figure out the next clue," it began,"look who you're with."
I was slightly puzzled as I looked at Patrick and proceeded down the paper to just find a poem.
" 'Your hair is winter fire. January Embers. My heart burns there too.'?" I read aloud,"What is that from?"
Patrick shuddered,"Stole it from a kid back in high school. Ben Handjob or somethin' gay like that. He wrote it for some skank and I committed it to memory before letting the little bastard keep it. I thought it was nice, just never knew when I could share it with you."
I blushed a little at the thought. Patrick Hockstetter really committed a poem to memory for me? I gave him a hug and told him it was sweet, but we needed to escape the room.
"Okay, now, where were we last?" I said trying to find the next clue.
Patrick looked at me,"You really have nothing else to say?"
Confused, I chuckled,"No, not really. Why? Was there something you wanted me to say?"
Patrick slammed his hands down on the table,"(Y/N), YOU SERIOUSLY HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO SAY TO ME AFTER I PRACTICALLY CONFESS MY LOVE TO YOU?! GOD DAMNIT, I KNEW THIS WASN'T GONNA FUCKING WORK!"
"Whoah, Patrick, slow down!" I began,"Tell me what's going on!"
"I BROUGHT YOU HERE (Y/N)! NOT FOR HENRY, FOR ME! I DID ALL THIS TO SEE IF YOU TRULY WANTED TO BE WITH ME OR HIM AND YOU CHOSE HIM! I FUCKING KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU AND YOU STILL WANT TO BE WITH THAT DOUCHE BAG?!"
"Patrick! What the Hell?! I'm married to that 'douche bag' and we have a beautiful son together! Why can't you just be happy for me?!"
Patrick grabbed me by both of my wrists and slammed me against the wall. "Frankly, my dear, I dont give a damn! You were mine first and you let me go. I should just set this place a flame for the way you've treated me for the past couple years."
I was choked by fear. Tears rolling down my flushed cheeks, my head pounding from the impact of when he slammed me against the wall, my ears ringing so loud that I could only hear muffles of Patrick's voice. I coughed and Patrick took one of his hands off of my wrist and placed it around my neck.
"You can't cough without my permission. You understand me, slut? You do what I say, when I say it, as I say it."
His breath was hot against my skin. I was trembling with fear. I couldn't speak, I couldn't move, I couldn't even acknowledge him.
Patrick took my fear as ignorance and thought I was just ignoring him. He threw me to the ground and held my face toward his.
"Your fear fuels my fire, baby! Stick out that beautiful tongue of yours and choke on my huge cock until you suffocate!"
He opened my mouth and I stuck my tongue out reluctantly. He undid his pants and face fucked me roughly. Each thrust hurt more and more and I was gagging on his member. The tears streamed down my face and I looked straight up at him. Our eyes met and I could only feel fear. I was numb. He finally took his cock out of my mouth and pulled my hair as he bit my neck. He soon ripped my clothes off and inserted himself into my entrance. His dick pounded inside of me fast and rough as he held a gun to the back of my head.
"Good little bitch, once I'm done with you, I'm gonna blow your brains out. This is what you get for disrespecting me." He quickened his pace and pushed the gun closer to my head.
Once he came inside of me, game over. I knew it was my time. I should've just been with Patrick in the beginning. I love Henry, and that will never change. He was my one true love. The kind of love that you would die for. Patrick took me out of the escape room, completely naked and humiliated, drove me to the quarry, and shot me in the head. I died for my love and my son, and I couldn't have done anything else better to protect my family. Henry now lives a life with Belch and his wife far from Derry. After my death, non of them wanted to be there. That was the end of the Huggins/Bowers family's life in Derry. They tried to find Patrick and throw him in jail for my murder, but he vanished after they pronounced me dead. I could say that I had died a terrible death and had so much more to live for, but it was just my time. I hope my legacy lives on through my son and all who hear of me. The only thing I wanted to know before I died was this. Why Bowers?