Chapter 45

I woke up the next morning to Henry softly singing in my ear. It was sweet, and I opened my heavy eyes. He didn't notice I was awake, so I just admired him. He continued humming as I noticed he was waving something around in his fingers. His switch? I sat up a bit confused and Henry was startled.
"Baby! I was just uh,"he started.
"Henry, what did we talk about?"I asked in a stern tone.
"No switchblade unless it's an emergency,"he moaned putting the switchblade in the drawer of his night stand.
I gave him a serious look,"You know it's just for safety reasons, and I also know something is bothering you. Talk to me."
Henry was puzzled,"How do you know something's bothering me?"
I sighed,"You never take your switch out unless you feel threatened or something is just bothering you. The coolness of the metal calms you."
"You pay so much attention to detail, (Y/N). This is why you're so special to me," he said placing a gentle kiss on my forehead before speaking again."Work has been slow. I'm really not making what I used to make, and I don't wanna let you, Nicholas, or Belch down. I'm looking for another job, but no one will hire me. We're both working multiple jobs and barely see each other anymore. I miss those nights where you and I just layed in bed and made out, had sex, or even just cuddled and watched TV. I miss us, (Y/N)."
He was right. We never saw each other and the last time we had sex I was high and Patrick was also fucking me. I took a minute to process everything Henry said. I was finally able to find the words as I spoke,"I know things have been tough recently. We can work through this together, okay? How about tonight, since you don't go in until midnight, you and I go out for a little bit? It'll be just you and me and if you're good, we can utilize the condoms in your glove compartment."
Henry blushed,"It's a date! Go get ready, and I'll see you after work."
I smiled,"See you then."
We got up and I got in the shower. I put on a random outfit since today was just the music store and they don't have a uniform, and headed downstairs.

(outfit) "Alright, boys," I began speaking as I fixed my hair,"I'll be back in a little while

(outfit)
"Alright, boys," I began speaking as I fixed my hair,"I'll be back in a little while. Behave and don't do anything stupid. That means you, Bel."
Belch chuckled,"Yeah, yeah. Get outta here, Sodapop."
Every time I wear a flannel and a bandana that makes me at least one of the Greasers from the movie The Outsiders. He usually calls me Dally or Ponyboy, but I was lucky to get Sodapop. Sodapop is Belch's favorite Greaser. He says all the other ones remind him of Vic, Pat, and Henry. Belch also likes to consider himself Darry, as in the oldest of the Curtis brothers. I used to get confused since I grew up in Derry, Maine, but Belch explained to me that Darry in the movie was short for Darrel.  I like to think me and the guys are the Greasers and the people who were afraid of us and made fun if us are the Socs. Gretta is the perfect example. She's Cherry through and through whereas I'm Two-Bit or Dally. The guys say I'm Dally because I'm tough and I've been through a lot. Henry is Steve because he's wild and crazy. Patrick is Two- Bit since he's a constant flirt, towards me at least. Last but not least, we have our sweet little Victor who is Ponyboy. He just pays so much attention to detail and is the sweetest thing once you're on his good side.
Now that that's all figured out, I waved to the guys and drove off to work.
I got there and saw my boss, Nancy Wheeler. She came from a weird town and moved to this one. I think she said it was called Hawkins or something. It was in Indiana, so she came a pretty long way. She's super sweet, and she even told me about one of her ex boyfriends who's coming to visit. His name's Steve Harrington, and from how I hear it, he's got pretty great hair. Maybe he can teach me tricks on how to make mine better. I have nice hair, but it's a constant struggle to keep it nice. I once got gum in it and used peanut butter to try and get it out, but it was exhausting as Hell! Patrick had to help me get it out, and that wasn't fun for either one of us.
We finished our conversation as customers filed in. Today was busier than normal, and we were loving every minute of it. More money!
***end of shift***
Woah! Today was amazing! We made so much money that we didn't know where to put it all. Today was exhausting, but I promised Henry a great night. I'm so excited! I missed counting down the minutes for a date. I began to drive home and was thinking about what I am going to wear. Everything from shoes to makeup and everything in between! This is it! Guess it's time to go get ready!