Chapter 9 (Edited)

Someone burst into the room, slamming open the door and causing Xavier to jump up and stand protectively in front of me, snarling.

Xavier relaxed a little when he saw that it was Parker and scowled. "Parker," he warned. "What was that for."

"TJ told me that she was awake. Is she?" he asked. He tried to peak around Xavier, but Xavier wouldn't let him see me.

"Xavier," I whispered, hoarsely, causing the male to look at me. "It's ok."

Xavier scowled but nodded his head. The mask was back in place, and for some reason, it broke my heart. "Fine," he all but growled and was about to leave but stopped when I hoarsely called his name. He didn't look back at me his whole body tense.

"Stay, please?" I asked, my heart pounding in my chest. I was scared that he would ignore my request leave, and I was scared that he would stay but beat me for telling him what to do.

Xavier hesitated but nodded his head. He walked over to the chair and was about to move when he heard me growl out a warning. His whole body went rigid when he looked at me, his jaw set.

I stared at him, my eyes wide. I had not meant to growl at him, but it had been easier to do that than talk. I shifted over in the bed some and watched him, staying silent.

"I... think she wants you to sit down next to her," Parker said. There was something in his voice that sounded like happiness, and I couldn't understand why.

Xavier didn't move from his spot where he stood. He watched me with guarded eyes, wondering if I really did want him near me.

I looked at the phone in my hands, not able to meet his gaze. My face was slightly red as a blush appeared. I had no idea if he would do it or not, and I had no idea if I wanted him to or not.

I took a deep breath and sighed. 'Please?' I typed out and handed it to him.

Xavier hesitated and studied the message. He was still stiff, and I could tell that he didn't want to do it.

My heart broke a little when he didn't move to my side, but I made sure that my face didn't show it. I looked away and noticed that Parker had a water bottle and my cousin wasn't back. "Where's TJ?" I asked, my throat hurting.

Parker opened the bottle and handed it to me. "He heard a message about two men at the edge of the border wanting to see JJ, Assie, and Cici."

Xavier growled and took a step forward. Anger filled his eyes, and I could that he didn't like that Parker didn't go after him. "And you let him run off?" he snarled.

I took a sip of my water and felt a bit better. "It's probably the twins," I said, my voice still hoarse. I cleared my throat and grimaced, knowing that I probably looked like shit.

Xavier turned his gaze to me, his blue eyes hard. "What twins?" he asked.

"Princes," I replied. "Only they call me "Assie"." I took another sip of my drink. "They probably left without the King's permission to try and see if I am alive."

"And, how would they know that you are here?"

"I called them," I replied. "Remember? I had asked to make a phone call?"

Xavier scowled and narrowed his eyes. "Where were you headed to?" he asked.

"The castle, duh," a male said from the doorway. "Where we live?"

Two men filled the doorway with TJ in one of their arms. Both of them had the same worried expression on their face, but relief filled it when they saw I was looking at them. Both grinned at the same time but didn't move from their spot. "Hiya, Assie," they said together.