Chapter 50

I stayed silent as Parker paced in front of me. I could tell that he was mad at himself for telling me everything, especially being mates with my ex-Beta, Joel.

Charlie had the seat beside me and watched as Parker walked back and forth. He stayed silent, processing everything that Parker had told us as well as waiting for me to say something.

No one outside of Charlie and I knew what had happened and why. I had asked for Charlie's assistance because I knew that I needed eyes on Camen, so I had enlisted Charlie's help because of his skills in tracking and keeping a level head especially when it came to me.

"Would you sit?" I asked, moving a hand across my neck and feeling that the area was still tender to the touch. "I won't hurt Joel if that is what you are worried about."

Parker huffed but sat down. He moved a hand across his face and through his hair. "I know you won't," he said, hesitantly. "But I just..." He shook his head and sighed. "Never mind. It isn't important."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Of course not," I muttered, knowing full well that it was important to him. "What else happened?"

"He was furious that you are with Xavier," he said, moving a hand across his face and leaned back. "He was mad that out of all the people in the pack, you went for him."

"Well, ya," I said, furrowing my brows. "I trust him."

Parker sighed and nodded his head. "What now, though?" he asked. "Camen is going to kill Xavier now that he knows you are with him. I don't want him to die."

"I know," I said, shifting in my seat and crossing my legs. "Xavier and I decided to do the fight today where we both use our full strength."

"What? Why?" Parker asked, looking shocked. He widened his eyes in surprise as he stared at me.

I looked at him blankly. "Why are you shocked? It was bound to happen."

"But, Xavier is going to beat himself up if you get hurt," he said. "He's going to be hard on himself."

"He is already hard on himself," Charlie muttered. He looked down when he felt me glare at him and shifted in his seat.

"What..?" Parker asked, looking between the two of us. He pressed his lips into a firm line and narrowed his eyes. "What happened, Cass?"

I closed my eyes and sighed. I had not wanted anyone outside of the Alpha Beta group to know because I didn't want anyone to know especially since Xavier still felt guilty for hurting me. "Xavier had a nightmare this morning," I said, slowly, opening my eyes. "I woke him up and caused his wolf to take over."

Parker opened his mouth to say something but stopped when I held up my hand, silencing him.

"I was able to subdue him until he was able to gain control but that was after he had squeezed me."

Parker hesitated and nodded his head. "Is... that why you two didn't show up for training today?" he asked.

I nodded my head, debating on whether or not I should tell him. "That is one reason," I said, slowly.

Parker frowned, suspicious. "What is the other reason?" he asked his tone changing. He knew that I had planned something, something that he might consider dangerous.

"I lied about you not being followed," I said. I held up my hand and stopped him from talking. "Charlie followed you there. I had asked him to follow you there and check the video when you got back."

"What? Why?" Parker asked. "Why did y-"

"Because I wanted to make sure that your ass will not get killed," I snapped, interrupting him. "Camen is manipulative and dangerous when provoked. I should know." I took in a deep breath and closed my eyes. I let out a ferocious growl which caused Parker to flinch away from me.

Charlie shifted in his seat and looked at me, waiting for me to calm down. He didn't say a word, knowing that I would snap at him if he did.

"Sorry," I grunted, opening my eyes. I moved a hand across my face and felt exhausted. "I didn't mean to snap."

Parker hesitated but nodded his head. "So, what is the plan now?" he asked, softly. "I don't think you want me to go back there."

I shook my head my heart starting to become heavy with grief. I only knew of one way to have Xavier kick me out, and I was dreading it because I needed to leave my son and cousins behind in hopes to pacify him.

"Cass?" Parker asked. He studied me, and I knew that he figured out what my plan. "You're kidding, right?" he asked, shocked. "Please tell me that you are. Your plan will kill him."

"It could kill him," I replied, "which is why I am going to leave my cousins and son at the pack."

"But..." Parker stopped talking and sighed. He knew that he wouldn't be able to change my mind. "Are you sure that you want to do this?" he asked, finally. "He might never forgive you or take you back."

I felt this stab in my heart as he said that because I knew that it could happen. "I know," I said, solemnly.

"If he doesn't what would you do?"

"Go back to the Guardsmen," I said, instantly. "I... don't know if I should take the kids away from him if he doesn't forgive me or take me back. I know that me taking them would destroy him, and he would succumb to his beast."

"It could happen if you do this," he pointed out.

"I know," I replied, "but I have to do this. I have to be the one that does this because it is my fault, to begin with."

Charlie opened his mouth to say something but became silent when I shook my head. He pressed his lips in a firm line, and I knew that he hated me saying that this was my fault.

I glanced at him before looking at Parker, making sure he didn't know that my heart was breaking at the thought of harming Xavier. "I have to break Xavier's heart."