Chapter 67- Xavier's POV

I walked into the house exhausted and confused, but I knew that I wouldn't be able to sleep without her by my side. I craved her presence, craved every inch of her with my whole entire being, but I had no idea when, or if, she would appear.

"If you ever set foot on my pack lands again, then I will find a way to kill you. Do you understand?" My voice echoed through my mind, and I cringed in guilt. I hadn't meant it when I had told her that, but I had no idea how to tell her that.

I had been angry, upset, and hurt. I had let my mind put together what she didn't and did say, putting two pieces together that I now knew as false. But, a part of me did believe she considered me to be a monster, a monster that needed to be locked up.

The pack was walking on eggshells around me, making sure that they didn't say her name when I was earshot. Some were afraid of me, afraid that I would become of the monster in the night, but they wouldn't say it in earshot of either me or some of the Guardsmen that had decided to take residence in the pack.

The Guardsmen didn't tell me why they were there. They merely stated that they had orders to be there but didn't go into who gave those orders or why.

A part of me hoped that it was Cass who had given them those orders for whatever reason, but I hoped that it wasn't her. I hoped that they wouldn't take them, the kids, away from me because I needed them now than ever. They were the light in the darkness that I needed and kept me sane, especially Clara.

"WELL, WHY CAN'T I?" I heard Clara yell, causing me to quicken my pace until I was running to where I heard her voice. "I WANT TO!"

I ran into the room and noticed Clara with her arms crossed while she was pouting about something, and TJ was by her side with his head on the table. I relaxed when I noticed that they were alright and looked at the other side of the table to see Hank with a half-eaten cupcake in front of his mouth.

Hank cleared his throat and set the cupcake down before watching me with hesitant eyes. "Umm..." He cleared his throat, again. "Hello, Alpha," he said.

I frowned and turned my gaze to Clara, deciding to ask him what he was doing here later. "What's wrong?" I asked. "What happened?"

"I want a cupcake," she said, pouting. She gave Hank a scathing look, and I could have sworn that his face turned paler as he gulped. "But, Hank says I can't eat a cupcake because it's breakfast time."

I turned my gaze to Hank and raised an eyebrow. "Why are you eating a cupcake, then?" I asked. "It's breakfast time."

Hank looked at the cupcake and then looked at me, picking a piece of it up and putting it in his mouth. "I wanted a cupcake, and I am an adult," he replied after he finished his bite, ignoring Clara's glare. "Besides, she'd kill me if she found out I gave her one." He cleared his throat and shifted in his seat. "Or worse."

"What's worse than death?" TJ asked, giving Hank a weird look. "I mean, death is basically death. You're dead."

Hank shook his head, smiling grimly. "Oh, no," he said. "Not with her. You should see the stuff she can do, or what she can think of. Some of them, you'd wish she was nice and killed you in the first place."

I sat down at the table, silently, my heart pounding in my chest. I knew that he was talking about her, but he didn't say her name like I hoped he would. My heart pounded in my chest, and it took all of my self-control to stay silent and not beg him to say her name.

"Has she ever made you wish for death?" Clara asked, cocking her head. She studied him with bright eyes, and I knew that she was curious about this man, who had known her cousin in a time so long ago.