Chapter 20

Xavier went onto the raised podium, causing everyone to become quiet. He looked around, his cold blue eyes staring at the members of his pack causing them to look down and submit. He turned his piercing gaze towards me, his gaze softening as he gestured for me to come up as well.

Taking a deep breath and trying to make sure that I didn't freak out, I took his hand and let him help me up onto the podium as well. Slowly, I took my hand out of his and placed it behind my back as I stared at the pack in front of me.

Xavier glanced at me when I took my hand out of his, but he didn't say a word. He scowled at me before turning his attention to the pack in front of him. "This is Omega Cassandra Kristen," he said, his voice leveled and hard. "She is wanting to become part of the pack but as a Warrior. She doesn't have a Wolf, but she is willing to fight in human form against those that want to shift into their wolf form."

'You haven't trained for that,' Justin said, linking me. He stood near the front of the pack with Julian at his side as well as my cousins. He was holding my son in his arms, looking like a natural father. 'Are you sure?'

Subtly, I nodded my head as I gazed at the faces of the pack. My gaze stopped on one particular male with familiar brown eyes that I knew from my time with the Guardsmen. I bit back a scowl when the male smirked but made the signal when he did it to me.

"She is wondering which seven Warriors will be willing to face her as she starts her journey to become a full member of the pack," Xavier said. He looked at the members of his pack, waiting for someone to step up. "Who will step up?"

"Has she any prior training?" an Elder asked. "It looks like she knew something that she was not meant to know." The Elder, a female, gave me a pointed look, causing my face to become slightly red and look away.

"I... was a Guardsmen," I said, slowly. I could feel Xavier's gaze on my face, causing my face to turn slightly redder. "She... caught sight of a signal that we use when interacting with... other guardsmen," I explained, shifting on my feet. "And, I can't lie to an Elder."

"What are you talking about?" Julian asked, causing me to roll my eyes. "You lie to my father a lot, and he is an elder."

"Half-truths, I tell him half-truths, and it is mainly to save your butt, Julian Abrams."

"Wel-"

"Stop trying to get into an argument, Julian," Justin said, shooting his brother an annoyed look. "You are a guest at the pack, so act like it. That doesn't mean arguing with the pack member even if we consider her our sister." He flashed me a smirk when I scowled and narrowed my eyes at him.

'I hate you.'

'I love you, too.'

Xavier cleared his throat, calling attention back to him. He looked rather annoyed, but for some reason, I could tell that it was just for show. "Shall... I continue?" he asked.

"Yes, Alpha," the three of us chorused. "Our apologies."

"I think she might have been biologically a Princess," I heard someone mutter to someone else. "I don't know how they knew what to say at the same time."

Xavier raised an eyebrow, and his scowl deepened. He was starting to get rather annoyed and tense as he stared at the person who had made the comment about me being biologically their sister.

Hesitantly, I moved a little closer to him aware of everyone's gaze on us and touched his clenched fist with my pinkie.

Xavier instantly tore his gaze off of the person and turned his gaze to me. He didn't say a word and didn't move as he stared at me, his gaze hard.

Finally, he relaxed and unclenched his fist, his body loosening with each breath that both of us took. He hooked his pinkie around mine before turning his gaze back to the pack. "Even though she is a Guardsmen, she hadn't been training for a while now," he said. "Who will fight her on her journey to become a Warrior of this pack?"

'Does he want you to do well in the fight or not?' Julian asked, scowling. 'He didn't have to say that.'

'I am sure that Cass wants to test out her skills and wants to see who is so cocky that they won't take the fact that she trained with Guardsmen,' Justin said.

"And, can I add that she had faced a Worber and lived?" Parker asked, causing Xavier and I to look at him. He smiled innocently when he caught my scowl. "Actually two of them?"

'I hate him.'

Justin and Julian snickered. 'No, you don't,' Justin said, causing me to scowl at him. He smiled innocently. 'I didn't tell him to tell him that.'

Julian didn't answer, causing both of us to look at him. He looked rather bashful, and I had a feeling that he had been the one to do that. 'I had bet him fifty dollars. I am now fifty dollars short. I didn't think that he would have done it.'

"When were these?" the Elder asked. "Also..." She gestured between the two of us. "Is there anything going on that we should know about?"

Xavier was about to take his pinkie away from mine but stopped when I tightened my grasp around his finger. He looked at me and stayed silent, keeping his finger in mine.

I offered him a hesitant smile before turning to look at the Elder. "I feel protected by him," I said, my voice soft but clear. "He helps... keep the anxiety at bay."

'Can I please kill him?' Julian asked, setting his jaw. 'He fucked you up so bad that you have worse anxiety than you had when you were at base.'

'No,' I said, causing his scowl to deepen.

The Elder nodded her head. "Now, about those... Worbers?"

"One of them I was ten-years-old because one of your Princes had decided to track one down and then antagonize it." I glared at Julian. "The other was a month after I came here."

"She had also faced a Frithen, some Witches and Warlocks, some Rogue Vampires, and a group of nomadic Shifters who were out for blood," Julian said. "And then that Vampire Bunny."

"Which was just a regular bunny that Sergio decided to put teeth on to scare you," I said. "I should know; I was there."

Julian pouted and narrowed his eyes at me. "Rude."

I shrugged, biting back a smirk as he smiled.

"We should make a book out of your adventures and the stuff that you had faced, even though you had lived with us for only ten years."

"And, what would it be titled?" Parker asked, looking at me with some new found respect.

"Can w-"

Julian interrupted me by taking in a deep breath. "It should be called..." He placed his hands up. "It should be called 'The Guardsmen Chronicles: (dot, dot) Cassandra Kristen'," he said, making hand gestures.

"It's called a colon, Julian Abrams," I said, scowling at my brother. "Not a 'dot, dot'." I looked at Xavier and saw that he was already staring at me. "Can we start the battles?"

"Are you sure that is what you want?" a different Elder asked. He gave me a pointed look, causing a blush to form on my face. "From what they had said and from what I know about your background, you actually don't have to do it."

My face turned slightly redder when he said that, and I had a feeling he knew about my lineage. Shit, I thought.

"What is he talking about?" a member asked. "All new members wanting to go up in rank has to fight. It is against the rules of the pack."

"He's... talking about my lineage," I said, softly. I licked my lips and cleared my throat as I took a deep breath. I had no idea how he knew, but... his eyes looked familiar like I knew them, even though I didn't know him. "I am... a Pure Alpha. Both of my parents were Alpha born, even though they would not have been Alphas themselves because they were younger born. I... come from ten generations of Alphas on both sides of my family tree."