Chapter 24

A/N: No, we will not be seeing the kiss. Hopefully, it will come at us in Chapter 30, but I am not making any promises.

Thanks

~Rissa

____________________________________________________________________________

Xavier was rather stiff when we walked to the training ground where we were supposed to meet the others. His whole body was tense, and I had a feeling it was because of the scene we had this morning.

Hesitantly, I caught up with his long pace and brushed my arm against his, hoping that he would understand and take my hand into his.

Xavier didn't take my hand in his or move away from me. He set his jaw, but that was the only thing that he did.

"So, what am I supposed to be doing?" I asked, taking his hand in mine. I prayed that he wouldn't move away from me and was happy when he squeezed my hand and brushed up against me.

"Training," he replied, causing me to roll my eyes. He flashed me a small smirk causing me to scowl. "What else would you be doing?"

"Eating," I replied, causing him to snort. "I kind of figured that we would be training, but what does training include?"

He shrugged. "It depends on what Bane's father, Derek, wants us to do," he said. "If it gets too hard on you, I do want you to stop." He looked down at me. "You won't get penalized or be moved down to the lower ranks. You've earned it."

I hesitated but nodded my head. I was probably not going to stop even if it got hard for me. It was that stubborn pride that I had as well as training with the highest ranked group of the Guardsmen.

"Zion told me that there were ranks in the Guardsmen as well," Xavier said, causing me to nod my head. "What was, or is, yours?"

"I'm part of the Alpha Beta Omega Gamma Delta Psi," I said. "Which is the... highest rank and I am the youngest member."

"Seriously?" Xavier asked, causing me to nod my head. "When did you become one?"

"I think I became one after I had killed that Worber," I said, furrowing my brows. "So, I think I was ten. If not, then I might have been younger and had skipped some of the ranks to become one."

"Do you know how many there are?" he asked, causing me to shrug my shoulder.

"There were twelve people when I became a member," I said. "I don't know if more initiated after I had left or not. It takes a lot of training to become one."

Xavier nodded his head. He pulled his hand out of mine when we heard talking but didn't move away from me like I thought he would. "What is Zion?" he asked.

"Gamma Delta Psi, Alpha," Zion called out when we made it to the clearing. "Why? Are you talking about how good I am and should be in the top ranks?"

"If you were so good, then why did you have to come up with a plan to cheat when we were racing, even though you were given a huge head start before I was even allowed to go?" I asked, causing him to shrug. "And no, we were talking about how I am part of the top ranks with the Guardsmen."

"Then this should be easy for you," a male that looked like Bane said. He stood about 6'10 and was muscular. His dark brown eyes were hard as he looked me up and down, and he pursed his lips in disgust.

Xavier was about to growl a warning but stopped when I nudged him and shook my head. He set his jaw but didn't say a word.

"I hope you don't think I will give you any handouts, since you are the only female to bless us with her presence, Princess," he said, causing Zion to snort.