Chapter 1 | crashing hard

McKayla's POV:

"No, you're just overthinking," I commented setting down the kids' plates for breakfast. "We should, and need to do it Whit. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Putting the Whit and Kay brand out there will be good for us."

"You're right! I'll give Garry a call after the race." Whitney smiles. Not too long ago, Whitney and I got a call from an investor, they wanted to make more Whit and Kay stores across the country and really expand our dream. "Alright, I gotta film more of Racing Wives. I'll see you guys later." She waves grabbing her stuff, before leaving.

Racing Wives did so well when it first premiered, they signed back for multiple seasons. I've got offers to star on it, but I didn't accept the offer. I didn't want to throw my kids into spotlight like that, life was busy enough too. Lennox, Jordan Hamlin, Ashley, and Samantha Busch, and Whit were the main stars of the show. Of course, I guess starred in a couple of episodes since I hung around Whit and Lennox all the time.

"Hi dad." Peyton greets Ryan, as he walked in, with a mouth full of food.

"Hey P." He chuckles.

"Manners P." I chuckled too. Bouncing, three-month-old, Jordyn on my hip. "How was it?" I questioned handing Ryan a plate.

"It shocked him for sure, but I told him I haven't made a final decision yet."

"We'll just take it one day at a time." I gave him a smile of reassurance.

| Pre Race |

"At this time we ask you to please rise and remove your hats as the National Guard presents our nation's colors. Please remain standing as Pastor Flores has today's invocation."

"Let us pray. Dear gracious Heavenly Father, we thank you for a beautiful day in Daytona. Father, we ask you to please be with the driver's teams, families, and fans safe today as they compete and observe here today. And please be with the men and women overseas fighting for our freedom. But overall please come again soon. In your name, amen."

"Please remain standing as local recording artist Jack Will sings our national anthem." After for short and sweet anthem, the kids crowd around Ryan getting in their "good lucks" and "I love yous" before we headed back to the motor home.

"Your race sweetheart, go get em'." I smiled.

"I will just because it's a big trophy." He winks, knowing I was getting annoyed with all the trophies piling up around the whole house. "I love you sweetheart."

"I love you too be safe."

"I will."

"Bye dad." The kids say as I readjusted Jordyn in my arms.

"See ya guys later." Ryan smiles climbing into his car. I take Peyton, Noah, and Summerlyn to the pit box since they didn't want to go back to the motor home. I dropped them off with Lisa before heading back.

"Would you like a lift back to the lot Mrs. Blaney?" Drew, Ryan's PR, asks.

"That would be great, thank you." I smiled. Drew drove us back to the motor lot dropping us off right by our motor home. "Thanks again, enjoy the race." I waved as he drove off.

| Lap 52 |

Lisa brought back Peyton, Noah, and Summerlyn for lunch and to cool off from the radiating heat from the sun.

"EMMA TURNER ROLLING ACROSS THE FRONT STRETCH!"

The kids went silent, their heads turn towards the TV. My heart dropped catching the last part of her wreck. Brielle started tearing up, worried. Brielle loved Emma with everything she had, I picked her up and hugged her tightly.

"Grandma is going to watch you guys for a while, okay? I'll go see what's happening."

I set Brielle back down near Peyton, before heading out. I run out, sprinting as fast as I could. I catch up with Roger who was exiting pit road.

"What's the situation?"

"Her injuries are too severe to go to the infield care center, they'll examine her at the hospital," Roger explains. I head to Ryan's pit box updating Jeremy in order for him to update Ryan on the crash.

| End Of Race |

I sat in the waiting room with Ryan, Chase, Lennox, and Chase (Purdy) awaiting news from the doctor. Bubba won the 500 with Byron in second, Chase (Elliott) placing fifth, and Ryan getting seventh. A nurse fetches Purdy and leads him out of the room, across the hallway.

Emma had torn her ACL in the crash, which was nowhere near as worse as I thought, she would go into surgery tomorrow for repair. I remember sitting in the same waiting from when Ryan has his crash so many years ago.

"Keep us updated tomorrow." Ryan states as Chase (Purdy) saw us out of the hospital.

"I will, thanks for coming guys. Have a safe flight."