Chapter 11 | victories with setbacks

McKayla's POV:

"Ryan! Can you come here for a moment?" I called from the kitchen. Ryan comes strutting into the room dressed up in a pink feather scarf and a pink hat. The things he did for our girls made my heart just melt. "Aren't you looking pretty." I laughed.

"Only because of our daughters." He chuckles walking closer. "What's up?"

"Signing papers for the new addition," I replied sliding the papers over to him. Ryan and I were adding on to Blaney Motorsports, we were not only an Xfinity team but coming next season, we'd be a Truck team as well.

"Lovely," Ryan replies grabbing a pen. We went through reading and signing the papers together. "What's this?" He questions picking up the last loose piece of paper. His eyes scan through the paper I had planted on purpose. "McKayla? What's this?"

"What do you think it is?"

"You're joking, very funny M."

"It's not a joke." I smiled. "Ryan, we're pregnant."

"Stop it, really?" Ryan asks, clearly still in shock. I was in shock as well, we got pregnant earlier than we'd expected. It was kinda like the timing with Peyton. "This is really happening?" Ryan asks again. I nod, he grins pulling me into a big bear hug. "How are going to tell everyone?"

"I was thinking we get family and friends together for dinner before we leave for New Hampshire?"

"So tomorrow, perfect," Ryan says looking at the time. "Come on kids! Time for school!" Ryan calls. "I'll see you in a few hours, I'm going to the shop for a while."

"Alright, sounds good, love you."

"Love you too sweetheart." He winks. Summerlyn, Noah, and Briella come running downstairs. I stand by the door with their lunches in hand.

"Have a great day guys, I love you."

"Love you to mom," Noah says enthusiastically. Briella hugs my leg before grabbing her lunch and running outside to the truck. Summerlyn quietly takes her lunch before walking outside without saying a word. Months out of Peyton's death and she was still having a difficult time accepting it. Ryan and I have tried to talk to her about it with no results.

| Whit and Kay's |

"Have you heard anything about our new locations?"

"We got all the spaces, and they are decorating and stocking them up. They should be done within a few weeks. Now we gotta find a bunch of new models and restock with new clothes."

"I talked to Jordan, we're still trying to figure out the details. But hopefully, we'll be teaming up with Kustom Klutch soon enough."

"We're freaking entrepreneurs."

"Hell yeah, we are girl." I high five her. "Hey, Ryan and I were having a bunch of people over for dinner, are you and Austin free?"

"Of course." She smiles. "What's the occasion?"

"Ryan and I have something to announce."

"My best friend intuition is kicking in hard right now." She smirks.

"Whatever." I chuckled rolling my eyes. I picked up the business phone. "Whit and Kay's, McKayla speaking."

"Hey Mac, it's Emma. I can't make it to the shop, it's my sister." Emma explains panicky.

"I got it, is your sister okay?"

"It's Taylee. She got into a car accident, I got a call from Madison. Let Ryan and the kids know I won't be at the house till later."

"Okay got it, thanks. Update us on your sister."

"I will don't worry." She hung up. Once I put the phone down, it rang again.

"McKayla speaking."

"Hey M, we have an issue at the shop." The sound of Ryan's voice filled my ears.

"What happened?"

"Someone broke in overnight and stole a bunch of car parts."

"Like what?"

"Tires, tools, most of our engines."

"Have you gone through the security cameras?"

"Yeah, the camera to the main shop was cut off, so we have no evidence."