Chapter 4 | revisting the past

McKayla's POV:

@nascar: Ryan Blaney opens up to the media about what retirement will look like for him in the years to come. Interview link in bio

Comments:@chaseelliott: old man@bubbawallace: at least u still have hair

Comments:
@chaseelliott: old man
@bubbawallace: at least u still have hair

@mckaylablaney: I'm a blogger now! The Blaney Life Blog is out now! Posting every Saturday!

Comments:@whitneydillion: lifestyle of the queen@jordanhamlin: can't wait!!!@lennoxelliott: go sis go! @amandawallace: ❤️🎉@erintaylor: blogger life@emmaconley: at least we all have something in common 😂 @erintaylor @mckaylablaney@blaney: I am so...

Comments:
@whitneydillion: lifestyle of the queen
@jordanhamlin: can't wait!!!
@lennoxelliott: go sis go!
@amandawallace: ❤️🎉
@erintaylor: blogger life
@emmaconley: at least we all have something in common 😂 @erintaylor @mckaylablaney
@blaney: I am so proud of you! ❤️

I take a breath in satisfaction. I'd always wanted to write about lifestyle, kids, and relationships and I could finally write about it. I'd been through so many things within my 32 years, I wanted to share my knowledge with younger people and hopefully help them in some way.

We were in Talledega this weekend, as a lot of people know, I hated superspeedways. The last couple of weeks for Ryan have been rewarding but challenging at the same time. Ryan went on to winning Texas right after his Martinsville win, totaling his wins to know five. But Bristol and Richmond were not so kind to the 12 team. The team finished out of the top fifteen, there were penalties handed to Ryan and Jeremy both weekends, the car just wasn't the same.

"Mommy does this match?" Summerlyn questions walking out in a yellow Ryan Blaney Menards shirt with white shorts.

"Yes, darling." I nod my head. I finished changing Jordyn, before putting her in the bedroom for her mid-morning nap. "Peyton, could you get that sweetie?" I asked putting Jordyn in the back. She nods, plopping the iPad on the couch.

"Auntie Emma (Turner) is here!" Peyton shouts out. Ryan rolls out of the bed as we walked out of the room together.

"Hey guys." Ryan greets as the kids ran past us.

"Make yourselves at home." I smiled.

"So, did you guys hear the news?" Emma questions glancing over at Chase (Purdy).  Ryan and I have each other questioning looks, but I think we got the same idea.

"You're pregnant aren't you?" Ryan smiles.

"Uhh no." Chase (Purdy) replies.

"Damn, I really hoped you were." I frowned.

"Language mommy!" Peyton says tugging my shirt, making the whole room burst out in laughter.

"Yeah, me too, but back to the point," Emma says getting back on track. "You guys know what the race of champions is, right?" She asks, Ryan and I nod. "Well, I got a call last night, and I'm going to be representing Team USA."

"No, you're kidding!" I gasped.

"I'm not." Emma chuckled.

"Oh my gosh, congratulations!" I exclaimed pulling her into an enormous hug.

"Thanks guys, you are the best!"

| Race |

A bunch of the girls and I watched the race from Ryan's garage, guarding ourselves against the blazing hot Alabama sun. The race went faster than normal, stage 1 ended with Chase (Purdy) in first, Ryan finishing second.

Stage 2 ends soon after, Ryan finishing first receiving ten more playoff points and following him, Chase (Purdy) finishing second. My brother crashes out in the big one which collected 13 cars. Ryan received right rear damage but didn't affect the car as much as the team anticipated.

The race came down to Chase (Purdy) and Ryan side by side entering the backstretch after the white flag waves. Each second passed, they would edge each other out every second. When it was all said and done, Chase (Purdy) deservingly and respectfully won the race over Ryan, Chase locked himself into the chase.

The girls and I made our way to victory lane, I congratulated Chase on his win along with Ryan.

"Well deserved man, great racing." Ryan compliments patting him on the back. Ryan and I exited out of victory lane and made our way to the motor lot. Yelling near the garage captured our attention along the way.

"Is that your brother?" Ryan questions.

"Yes?" I squint to get a better view. He was with a woman and it wasn't Lennox. "I'll meet you back at the motor home," I say.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, go ahead." Ryan leaves, I walked towards the commotion getting a better glimpse at the woman arguing with Chase. "Hey, what's going on here?" I questioned, the woman turns around, the face was more than recognizable. "Kaylie?" I questioned.

"Hi McKayla." She replies nervously. "I was just leaving-"

"Good, I never wanna see you're face again." Chase huffs. She quietly leaves, leaving Chase and I alone.

"What the hell happened?"

"She tried to make a move on me!" He raises his voice. "And she wanted to see Kendall."

"Okay, you need to cool off. Let's go." I motioned.

"I just don't get it, she knows I'm married and have kids." Chase mumbles, I wrapped my arm around his shoulder as we walked together.

"Well to be fair, you and her go a long way back, and at one point she was important part of Kendall's life. But I know that doesn't give her an accused to show up here and throw herself on you." I replied.

"Sometimes I just wish Hannah was still here, but I don't at the same time." He sighs.

"We all wish she was still here, but her accident happened for a reason. Yes, it hurt both of us but it made us stronger, and you wouldn't have the life you have today if it didn't happen. There are always going to be what-ifs in any situation."

It's been years and years and years since Hannah died in the car accident. Chase hadn't mentioned her name in a long time, I know it still affected him to this day. Hannah's accident shaped our lives into what they were today.

"I just am afraid what would happen if I lost you or Lennox-"

"Hey, you're not going to lose us. Someone has to be here to annoy the hell out of you." I add making him chuckled.

"I love you sis." He wraps his arm across the back of my shoulders.

"Love you too bro."