Chapter 20 | get over it

McKayla's POV:

I woke up to the delicious smell of breakfast cooking downstairs. Ryan was still peacefully sleeping right beside me, I looked at him and even after all the years we've been together, he still gives me damn butterflies. Cheesy, I know but it was true. I stealthily climbed out of bed and went downstairs to join some people for breakfast.

"Morning honey." Mom greets, sliding a cup of coffee towards me. "Just how you like it."

"Thanks mom." I smiled taking a sip. Off weekends always seemed to go by fast. It was our last day in Costa Rica before we left the next morning. But we always made our last day the best day. "Morning Lisa."

"Morning honey, Ryan still asleep?"

"Yeah, like a baby." I chuckled. As time passed on, people started to enter into a kitchen one by one. "Morning E." I greeted as Erin sat down by me, sleepily placing her head on my shoulder.

"What's on the agenda today?"

"Who knows honestly, all the guys were in charge of planning activities for today."

"It's either going to go really well or be a disaster." Emma (Conley) rolls her eyes.

"You're such a positive person in the morning." I joked, seeing Summerlyn, Noah, and Briella walking in with sparkling eyes and smiles on their face. "Maybe learn from them, Conley." I pointed towards my kids.

"God, I wish my kids woke up like that. All I get are two cranky little monsters." She says finishing her first cup of coffee. "Yeah, I'm definitely going to need another cup."

"Morning ya'll." Whitney greets walking in.

"Too many happy people." Emma (Conley) groans, making us all burst out in fits of laughter. Mostly all the kids were awake and ate right away, while we adults waited for the rest to wake up. "I'm about to dump ice water on him." Emma (Conley) says getting up.

"He'd probably enjoy that, he got really sunburned yesterday," I commented about Ryan.

"In that case, I'll be right back." She says filling up two cups full of ice water. She runs upstairs, not even a couple of seconds later, you could hear the yelling from upstairs. Emma (Conley) runs downstairs with Ryan tracking her down.

"You two kids are something else." Lisa jokes.

"Damn, Blaney spent a lil too much time with the sun." Carson chuckles.

"Because somebody decided to switch the sunscreen with lotion." Ryan glared over at Carson. Now that everyone was awake, we started our day with breakfast cooked by my mom and Lisa. The boys had a chill day planned out for all of us. It started off with a hike, spent the afternoon at a waterfall, and ended the evening at the beach.

@whitneydillion: last day in paradise 😭💛