Chapter 25 | for peyton

McKayla's POV:

| Saturday Night |

@nascar: Blaney Motorsports does again with another Xfinity Series Championship! Congrats @fordperformance @blaneymotorsports @hailiedeegan

After an exciting Xfinity race with 3/4 of our drivers finishing one, two, and three in points, we had a lot to celebrate. Ryan and I treated all the teams to a nice dinner after the race.

This weekend was slowly starting to feel like a dream. I couldn't believe how slow yet fast the season flew by. Ryan's last race was tomorrow. I never thought I'd see the day, apart of me was sad but supported his decision. We were making the most of this weekend, hoping it would never end.

@blaney: Another championship for Blaney Motorsports. It doesn't feel real nor seem real. It doesn't seem like too long ago @mckaylablaney came to me with the idea of starting a family racing organization. She was always full of the craziest ideas, I thought she was out of her mind, but I'm glad I listened to her. Thank you to all the drivers, crew members, people at the shop, and our sponsors who have contributed to the success of BMS. Congrats @hailiedeegan for a well-deserved victory!

Comments:@hailiedeegan: thanks for a once in a lifetime opportunity boss!@mckaylablaney: ❤️❤️

Comments:
@hailiedeegan: thanks for a once in a lifetime opportunity boss!
@mckaylablaney: ❤️❤️

| Sunday- Pre Race |

"Please rise and remove your hats as our Honor Guard presents our Nation's colors. Please remain standing as Minister Hans Johnson gives today's invocation."

"Let us pray. Dear Father, we thank for this beautiful day. Lord, we thank you for the season NASCAR has had this year, what a season it has been. As these gentlemen and lady race today we ask you to bless them and keep everyone safe here today. May we never forget your promise to us. Amen."

They zipped through the national anthem, and it was finally time. Ryan turns to the kids and I, wrapping his arms around us.

"Dear Lord, thank you for this beautiful day you've blessed us with. We ask you to keep all the fans, drivers, crews, friends, and families here safe today. And I ask you to keep your protective arm around Ryan as he races today. We ask you to have him walk out a champion if it is your will. Thank you for the season you've blessed us with, and the memories we've made this season. Most of all thank you for Ryan's abilities and what you've blessed him with throughout his career. In your precious name amen." I prayed.