Chapter 10 | anticipation

McKayla's POV:

Even though the 12 team has had their ups and downs this season, the guys desperately needed their off week. The season seemed to just drag along, the guys needed a break from the garage and working so hard. Six more weeks then after Bristol, two weeks off.

After Bristol, we'd fly off to Costa Rica for our annual trip. This year it was just going to be the kids, Ryan, Lisa, Chase (Elliott), mom, Lennox, their kids, Erin and her husband and kid, and I. Bubba and Amanda couldn't make it sadly, as well Emma and Cale.

"Maybe we could invite Emma (Turner) and Chase (Purdy)?" Ryan suggests.

"I don't see why not, we have an extra room there in the beach house."

"Alright, I'll talk to Purdy about it." Ryan comments. "See you guys later." He waves going off to second practice. To pass the time, I took the kids out to the infield playground to get all their energy out. Lennox joins me on the bench accompanied by Kendall, William, and Delaney.

"Hey, how are you?" Lennox gives me a hug.

"I'm good, how about yourself?"

"Busy thanks to the kids."

"You and Chase thinking about having any more?"

"We've talked about it, we're just waiting till the time is right. The twins are almost seven, we're thinking about waiting another year at most." Lennox responds. "How about you and Ryan?"

"We're trying, just because the complications after I had the twins, me getting pregnant again is slim. It could take a while for us."

"But there's also a chance it could come at an unexpected time."

"That is certainly a possibility."

"I mean you could be pregnant now for all you know." Lennox jokes. I didn't take it as a joke, looking back, these past few days I've felt under the weather. "What?"

"I mean I have been feeling a bit weird lately. I haven't really thought about it meaning I'm pregnant."

"McKayla! You have to take a test!" Lennox bursts out. I quieted her down as I see Ryan and my brother make their way over towards us. "When they go out for second practice, I'm coming over with a test." She whispers.

"Whispering is never a good sign." Chase remarks.

"What's the gossip?" Ryan curiously asks.

"Nothing that would interest you, boys," Lennox comments looking straight ahead. "So, how was practice?"

"Good," Ryan responds still unsure. He looks at me with a questioning look, I just shrugged. I was not good at keeping secrets, so this was going to be a struggle for me. All of us went our separate ways for lunch before the second practice would start.

After lunch, I starting to clean the dishes as the kids were in the family room playing, and with Jordyn in the back sleeping. Ryan left for practice about five minutes ago.

"Can you get that Noah? It's Aunt Lennox."

"Alright." Lennox walks straight up to me. "I'll take care of the dishes, while you take this." She says handing me a pregnancy test.

"Yes mom." I rolled my eyes. I take the box from her hands and head-on into the bathroom. I take the tests putting them on a napkin on the bathroom counter. "All done, just gotta wait three minutes."

| 3 Minutes later |

"The anticipation is killing me," Lennox comments as we walked into the bathroom.

"I can't look," I comment getting nervous all of the sudden. "You look at it." I cover my eyes. I hear Lennox pick up the test from the granite countertop. "You're quiet, stop it. What is it Lennox?"

"Take a look for yourself."