Chapter 3 | perfect sailing

McKayla's POV:

@mckaylablaney: in the midst of starting a blog; which will most definitely cover motherhood, and how it is challenging (especially with five messy, loud, energetic kiddos) but how it's most rewarding title you'll ever have. It will also focus on relationships, healthy lifestyle, personal struggles, fashion, and of course racing 💛 out next week!
📸: @lennoxelliott

Comments:@emmaturner: can't wait!@whitneydillion: go best friend, that my bff 💛@blaney: 😍😍😍@jordanhamlin: consider me already there@erintaylor: ugh yes plz 😍@emmaconley: Briella's face 😂

Comments:
@emmaturner: can't wait!
@whitneydillion: go best friend, that my bff 💛
@blaney: 😍😍😍
@jordanhamlin: consider me already there
@erintaylor: ugh yes plz 😍
@emmaconley: Briella's face 😂

"Not a bad practice dad." Peyton compliments as Ryan returned from early morning practice. Peyton ever since she was young has taken on the role of Ryan's coach. It was adorable how she was just always there to cheer him up and hype him up before races.

"Not bad? What can I do to be better?" Ryan intriguingly asks. Their conversation blended in with the noise of the other kids messing around in the family room as usual. Ryan moves back to the bedroom and the kids instinctively followed him making me chuckle.

"I got it," I called out hearing a knock on the door. I unlatched the lock, the door swings open revealing Emma (Turner) and Chase (Purdy). "Oh my gosh!" I exclaimed giving them both hugs. "How are you?"

"I'm good." Emma smiles.

"Please, come on in." I moved to the side. "Ryan! Someone is here to see you!" I called out readjusting Jordyn in my arms. Ryan walks out with the kids, and all their eyes lit up, especially Briella's. They all rushed towards her, Briella gets swept up off the floor by Emma holding her.

"How's you're leg?" Noah thoughtfully asks.

"It's a lot better. I'm used to the brace by now, so I don't need the crutches anymore." She explains running her fingers through Briella's curly hair.

"When will you race with my dad again?" Peyton questions, Emma goes silent for a moment carefully putting together an answer for her.

"I'll be back in July, I promise." She smiles down at Peyton.

| Pre Race |

"Please rise and remove your hats as our National Honor Guard presents our nation's colors. Please remain standing as Pastor Lockee has today's invocation."

"Let us pray. Dear gracious Heavenly Father, we thank you for a beautiful day here in Martinsville. Father, we ask you to please be with the drivers and their teams as they compete here today. And please be with the men and women overseas fighting for our freedom. But overall please come again soon. In your name, amen."

"Please remain standing as local recording artist Lauren Belle sings our national anthem." During this time Ryan wraps his left arm around my waist, pulling me closer towards him. I smiled up at him.

The kids and I part ways with Ryan as Ryan climbed into his car.

"Mommy let's pray for daddy," Peyton suggests.

"Good idea P." I smiled. "Lord, thank you for this beautiful day you've blessed us with. Please be with daddy tonight as he has a long race ahead of him. We ask you to please bless him and his crew with your strength. With obstacles and ever-present danger everywhere, please hold Ryan safely in your arms. And Lord bless the competition, the crews, the fans, and all the friends and family here today. In your name amen." I prayed.

"Amen." Noah cheers.

"Thanks," Ryan says out loud through his helmet

"I love you Ry. Be safe." I smiled poking my head through the window.

The kids and I walked to Ryan's pit box and took our seats with Lisa.

| 2 laps to go |

"Caution is out!" Peyton jumps from her seat. William Byron and Joey have gotten tangled up in a wreck in turn four. Ryan was currently in second, Chase (Elliott) was back in sixth, and Alex Bowman was currently leading.

"Ladies and Gentlemen looks like we are going into overtime today!"

"If dad gets a good restart he could win!" Noah exclaims.

"Let's hope," I reply.

"Here we go." Summerlyn and Peyton stand up again as they waved the green flag. Alex and Ryan were dead even coming through all the corners, and Ryan wasn't letting Alex get away from him.

"Why isn't he passing them already?" Peyton yells over the noise. Her inner coach was coming out at this time. Finally the white flag waves, and Alex was a full nose ahead of Ryan, nothing really changed until turn four. On the very last corner, Ryan dove to the bottom making it two wide.

"RYAN BLANEY WILL GET HIS THIRD WIN OF THE SEASON!"