Chapter 18 | what a time

McKayla's POV:

I spent two days in the ICU, the doctor wanted to make sure the internal bleeding had stopped and my heart rate was in excellent condition before returning home. I was given strict orders to take it easy, so basically I was put on bed rest.

I had to make the hard announcement to everyone about the loss of Ryan and I's unborn child. Everyone expressed their sympathy and love to us, which seemed all too familiar. This year was filled with bad luck for the Blaney family. First Peyton dies unexpectedly right in front of us, Blaney Motorsports gets robbed, Ryan starts drinking again, and now this... This was one of those few bad years that made you feel grateful for the good years.

"Mom!" Summerlyn runs in with the contents of her backpack rattling inside. "Noah and I made you something!" She hops onto the bed handing me a card. She handed me a 'Get Well Soon' card, colorfully painted with bright colors. You could tell she had put lots of effort into it due to the speckles of paint on their cheeks and chin.

"Aw I love it, thank you guys." I smiled giving each of them a kiss. Briella came in also giving me also a picture of her own she drew at school. "Thank you Brie." I smiled. Ryan comes in not to shortly afterward with Jordyn in his arms.

"Why don't you kids go and play, I need to talk to mom," Ryan says. They all scrambled off downstairs. Ryan hands Jordyn to me as he props himself up next to me. I laid Jordyn on my chest, playing with her curly hair.

"McKayla, I just wanna say how sorry I am. My actions after Peyton's death were unacceptable. I should've been here with you besides going behind your back. I suck ass at putting my emotions out there in the open, instead I keep them all inside, and it leads me to do stupid things. I wanna get better for you and for the kids. I will never understand the emotional and physical trauma you went through back when we were younger. And I don't want you to go through that ever again. I've been a shitty husband lately, and I don't expect you so forgive me for those things. You are just the most selfless and kindest person on earth, and I've taken advantage of that. I'm sorry."

"I will admit you've been a bit of an asshole lately, but I still love you anyway." I chuckled, he also laughs a bit. "I knew what I was getting into when we got back together, and I prepared myself for when you said fuck it and started to drink again. It's not that you started drinking made me mad, it's more about you not telling me. But I know it's just one of those years where it feels like we're being just tested. And I know we're going to get through it, and I wanna do it together."

"Does mean I can finally kiss my wife again?" He smirks.

"I mean-" I shrugged before Ryan's lips crashed on mine.

"Now that's what I'm talking about." He smiles pulling away in a loud tone.

"Shhh." I laughed placing my finger on his lips.

"Sorry." He chuckles seeing Jordyn peacefully sleeping.

@blaney: How am I so lucky to have such a beautiful wife ❤️

Comments:@emmaconley: stoooop u guys 😍😭@bubbawallace: how am I so lucky to see you guys in my screen 😩😍@chaseelliott: smooth Blaney@erintaylor: idk but I'm glad u do ❤️@emmaturner: ugh this 😍@mckaylablaney: 🤷‍♀️❤️

Comments:
@emmaconley: stoooop u guys 😍😭
@bubbawallace: how am I so lucky to see you guys in my screen 😩😍
@chaseelliott: smooth Blaney
@erintaylor: idk but I'm glad u do ❤️
@emmaturner: ugh this 😍
@mckaylablaney: 🤷‍♀️❤️

| Wednesday |

After a few days of rest, I was up and walking around the house. I was a bit slow at things since my body was still in recovery mode and I had stitches embedded into my stomach.

The kids were at school, expect Briella who had the day off. So, it was just Brie, Jordyn, and I at home with Ryan finalizing a few things at Blaney Motorsports before the haulers were sent out to the next race.

@mckaylablaney: Jordyn took her first steps today with a little assistance ❤️😭
New Blog will be up today- Life Update!

Comments:@brittanylogano: go Jordyn!@chaseelliott: that's my lil niece 💪@bubbawallace: faster than Ryan already@amandawallace: precious!@jordanhamlin: so exciting!!!@whitneydillion: lil Jord 😭😍@blaney: 😍😍😍@emmaturner: she's growing up so fas...

Comments:
@brittanylogano: go Jordyn!
@chaseelliott: that's my lil niece 💪
@bubbawallace: faster than Ryan already
@amandawallace: precious!
@jordanhamlin: so exciting!!!
@whitneydillion: lil Jord 😭😍
@blaney: 😍😍😍
@emmaturner: she's growing up so fast ❤️😩