Chapter 5

"Chaeyoung-a!" Lisa called out in the empty space of the living room after she closed the door. A Dua Lipa song was playing loudly through the speakers.

"Ya! Lalisa! I'm in here!" Chaeyoung shouted through the loud music to Lisa and the latter settled herself down on one of Chaeyoung's soft bean bags distributed aesthetically around the living room. "How's your day?"

"Same!" Lisa yelled nonchalantly and rolled her body towards the soft carpet on the floor.

She decided to pay Chaeyoung a visit on her apartment, instead of heading straight to her own place. She was tired and she needed a little comfort. And Chaeyoung's place was more than comfortable. Plus, she needed someone to talk to at the moment.

Chaeyoung was in the kitchen, cooking dinner. Or trying to cook dinner and not burn her house down. Chaeyoung was bad at cooking. But Lisa could sniff the delicious smell of kimchi stew and some other spices, it made her hungry all of a sudden. She just realized how much she misses homecooked meals, no matter how badly it was cooked.

"So, you haven't found her yet, then?" Chaeyoung asked over the steam of the kimchi stew.

"Found who?" Lisa asked, trying to act like she did not know what Chaeyoung was talking about, while silently wondering how on earth did Chaeyoung knew about her quest to find that woman from the cafe.

Chaeyoung turned the fire down just as Lisa turned the volume down and walked towards the living room, where she saw Lisa now lying on the carpet, with her eyes closed and mouth slightly open. Lisa looked exhausted. Her long arms were spreading widely around her.

She nudged Lisa's foot with her own foot, laughing as she did so.

"Ya! You look pathetic lying like that all over my floor. Was she really that hard to find? Aigoo!" she teased her friend.

Lisa then opened her big, round eyes and looked at Chaeyoung wildly, who was standing on her left, hovering over, with her hands on her waist and looking at Lisa amusingly.

"Who are you talking about, Park Chaeyoung?" she asked, raising her brows.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes on Lisa.

"Quit playing innocent, Lis. It doesn't suit you," Chaeyoung said, chuckling. "Anyway, you were never really subtle about it, you know? Plus, I kinda saw the content of that brown envelope that you carry around for a week now," she said, pointing at the brown envelope that Lisa placed above the coffee table, beside the camera, and settled herself next to Lisa.

"You kinda saw?" Lisa teased Chaeyoung. "Like, unintentional?"

"I took a peek inside. Intentionally. I was curious. Happy?" Chaeng said with a smirk. "So? Are you going to talk about it?"

Chaeyoung knew that Lisa was looking for that woman in The Era, even before she saw the content of the brown envelope. She knew that Lisa have been hanging around The Era for days now. Maybe she already knew the reason why, because Lisa was an easy book to read. But Chaeyoung just didn't have the heart to ask Lisa about it. Because she wasn't yet ready to hear the truth.

"Fine. I still haven't found her yet. And I don't think I'll ever be able to find her unless I'll set up a tent and camp outside that cafe 24/7. Which I would never even dream of doing because that would be totally pathetic. I don't want to be the girl who can't be moved." She was talking about the 'The Script' song, which she used to listen to everyday and Chaeyoung made a cover. Because they both thought it was a great song. Painfully written, with all the angst of a love lost, but still a great song.

Chaeyoung snorted, staring at the ceiling of her living room.

"And hanging around outside The Era for a week now, with a camera and a photograph of that woman is not pathetic? Really, Lisa? If I were the owner, I'd have you arrested because what you're doing is littering and that's not good for business," Chaeyoung said, laughing.