Chapter 27

"Nooo! I don't want to go home yet!" Lisa groaned and pouted like a baby.

She was sitting in one of the cushioned chairs. Jennie was sitting beside her and Chaeyoung was hovering over them like a mother goose. Her hands were on her hips. It was already half past midnight. The crowd have already dispersed. The Orange was empty, except Chaeyoung's staff and crew who were trying to clean up the afterparty mess but was unsuccessful because they were all just obviously dragging themselves to function. Valentine's Day was already upon them. But nobody seemed to mind at all.

"The party's over, Lis. And it's already two in the morning, honestly!" Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and said sternly. She had been patiently convincing and persuading Lisa to go home for the last thirty minutes already and it hadn't been easy, what with Lisa being stubborn and unyielding.

"I know the party's over, Chipmunk. I can see that. I'm not that drunk, you know? I mean, I just want to lend a hand with whatever," Lisa reasoned out with a smirk and proceeded to hum along with Moon River that was playing on the jukebox.

Her red suit was carelessly hanging on her left shoulder. Her hair was all mess up and wiry, her fringe sticking on the skin of her forehead, showing a portion of it, due to extreme perspiration from all the dancing and moving around she had done last night. Her long, slender legs have been propped up above the table. Lisa was sitting like a boss in red trousers and soft, white camisole.

"Thank you, Shutterbag. But you've done more than enough already and I can never thank you enough for that. What I really want you to do right now is to go home and get some sleep, Lalisa. Chahee said you've been up since 4 AM yesterday," Chaeyoung told Lisa as gently as she could, like she was talking and pacifying a toddler throwing tantrums. They had been on the same conversation for the nth time.

"No!" Lisa said stubbornly.

So, Chaeng, now desperate and frustrated by Lisa's resolute attitude, turned her attention towards Jennie, who was quietly sitting beside Lisa.  Jennie looked exhausted and worn-out, but was still looking all glamourous and pretty, that it made Chaeyoung vaguely wonder if ugly was ever part of Jennie's vocabulary.

"Hey, Jennie? Can you take this idiot to her place, please?"

"Me?" Jennie asked, sounding disoriented, pointing herself and staring at Chaeyoung with eyes half-open. She was actually pondering with herself how she could even drive on her own when all she ever wanted to do at the moment was to jump right on her bed, or any bed for that matter, and doze off. But she couldn't leave Lisa just yet. She didn't want to.

Chaeyoung nodded. She was the only person in the room, probably, whose sobreity was still in place. The only person left standing on an afterparty with a clear mind for decision-making. She felt the need to take over, now that her mind was clearer than the previous days.

"Yes, Jennie. I mean, I can drive and drop the both of you home, Lisa's place and yours--where do you live, again?"

"Gangnam," Jennie provided an answer on her sleepy stupor. "And I can drive myself home, Chaeyoungie. Or I can call someone to come and pick me up. There's no need to worry about me."

"Yes, you should do that. Anyway, I can't leave my crew here. I seriously can't overwork them any more than I already did," Chaeyoung explained apologetically.

"So, let me get this straight: I'll drive Lisa to her place and then I'll drive myself home. Yep, got it!" Jennie said and let out a big yawn that made Chaeyoung smile and eventually chuckled despite herself.

Chaeyoung found it annoyingly cute how Jennie was so smitten with her bestfriend under a not suitable circumstances and despite Jennie's obvious sleepiness and exhaustion. It, in fact, made it all the pain and resentment she had about Lisa liking somebody else already bearable, at least. Well, kind of.