Chapter 13

Lisa smiled behind the tall glass of chocolate milk, on the pretense of the red straw in between her lips, because Jennie's question, she realized in an instant, was a no brainer.

What's on her mind at the moment?

Jennie.

Jennie and the way her cat-like eyes would chink and lit up whenever she would laugh. And the way her jet black hair was emitting a brownish light color because she was leaning a little closer to the glass window and the dull beam of sunlight was playing tricks on her mane. Or the way Jennie would brush up her hair with her hand habitually and how the million silky strands would lazily fall back in place in a perpetual slow motion.

And that gummy smile! Who could ever resist and wouldn't melt on that one? Lisa had never seen anyone so exquisite and sophisticated like Jennie but would smile like a baby. Because Jennie definitely looked so squishy like a baby whenever she would show off her gummy smile. And oh, yes. The singular mole below Jennie's left brow was sexy.

But she could not just tell Jennie about that, about all of that, could she? Lisa thought. Because that would be weird. And because she was never really the type to wear her heart on her sleeves. Especially if it's something as beautiful and confusing and galvanic as her liking everything about Jennie.

"This chocolate milk is delicious," Lisa said, unable to meet Jennie's eyes, because she was afraid that Jennie's cat-like eyes would see right through her and would be able to read her like a book.

Lisa was frightened of the possibility that Jennie might possibly knew that she, Lisa, was appreciating every aspect and every corner of Jennie's pulchritude. They said that the eyes are the windows to the soul. Well, Lisa wasn't ready to bare her soul to the woman sitting in front of her just yet. Especially if her soul was dancing the conga while secretly wishing that Jennie's soul would dance alongside hers. The thought was weird in itself,Lisa realized, because Jennie, with her chaebol persona doesn't look like someone who dances the conga. A waltz would be more appropriate.

Lisa heard Jennie chuckled softly which brought her back to earth. That melodic, tingling kind of tittering that would shower stardusts of warm fuzzies to anyone within earshot. And within earshot meaning her, Lisa.

"I thought you'd be talking about those little hearts up in there and how cute they seemed to you," Jennie said as she pointed the little heart-shaped cutouts above their heads.

It had been a week since Lisa last saw Jennie. It wasn't like she did not notice the number of days but Lisa was never really the type to count days or months or years. But still, she noticed the absence despite the busy days she had on her studio. But she was simply hanging on to the last memory of her drunk-kissing Jennie on the cheek before she got off from Jennie's Porsche the last time. And the hope that she would meet Jennie again somewhere, sometime, like the last time.

And maybe talk to her a little more longer. Because she liked talking to Jennie. She liked the way Jennie would look at her intently and listen attentively while she talks. As if there was nothing more important in the world than for Jennie to catch every word that Lisa says. At least, that's how it all seemed to Lisa on her drunken state of mind when they were inside a pojangmacha last week.

"Why did you think so?" Lisa asked curiously.

"Because you've been looking at it the very second we stepped inside this cafe, Lisa. Plus you have that look on your face," answered Jennie.

"Look? What look?"

"The happy kind of look? You're smiling while looking at those tiny hearts," Jennie said.