Chapter 41

Jennie arrived in front of W Seoul-Walkerhill at quarter past eleven. She was already beside herself and almost took over the wheel because Mr. Young--for the life of him!--was driving his normal speed, even though she specifically told him that it was urgent for her to reach the hotel immediately. And by immediately, she meant for him to hit the needle on the highest number on the speedometer.

She did not even wait for the valet or Mr. Young, himself, to open the door for her and just did it herself. She pushed the door open, walked away in quickened steps from the car without so much as paying a glance to anyone and head straight towards the entrance of the hotel. She slide through and walked past the revolving door expertly, earning herself looks from the people on the lobby because she looked like she was a walking marble statue. Cold, intimidating and who looked like someone on a mission. Which, she obviously was. Plus, she was Jennie Kim. The sole successor of the mighty Kim Group, which the W Seoul-Walkerhill was part of. The hotel crew cowered at sight of her walking across the lobby. Greeting her with a methodical "Good evening, President Kim!"

But Jennie wasn't paying the slightest bit of attention to anyone. Her mind was elsewhere. Her eyes were looking straight past everyone. She was still seething inside. The thought of Lisa partying, hugging another and being hugged by someone else was unacceptable. There was no other way to put it. How dare Irene wrapped her arms around Lisa like that? And Lisa smiling like an idiot? That woman! Of course, she was referring to both women but was still torn who she should release and lash out that annoying little creature inside the caves of her chest to.

But Jennie's cold demeanor took a shattering break when she saw the most familiar face standing beside the elevator, sniggering at her, that she almost faltered on her steps.

"What--"

ON. EARTH???

"Chu!" Jennie yelled in bewilderment. "What are you--?" Jennie paused and gave her bestfriend an assessing look from head to toe. She was torn between asking Chu what she was wearing and what she was doing.

Jisoo thought it was the latter.

"I really thought you might need a backup," Jisoo told Jennie. Her smirk was as visible as the teasing laughter on her brown eyes. "You obviously do. You look like you're going to wage a world war. Where's the cavalry?" Jisoo asked, tiptoeing and pretending that she was looking over Jennie's shoulder and smirked.

"Shut up, Chu!" Jennie hissed as they wait for the elevator door to open, and added, "But, I'm glad you're here. Thank you," she said gratefully.

Jisoo was stifling laughter beside her. "With pleasure, Ruby Jane. So, what's the plan?" Jisoo asked.

"I don't know," Jennie replied and paused. "You know what? On the other hand, will you please call your brother? Tell him I need his men right now," she told Jisoo, which eventually made Jisoo laughed out so loud it made her snort, Jennie was shooting dagger looks on her.

"We might as well call everyone from the company to rally behind you, if that's what you really want," Jisoo said, laughing. "Aigoo! I never imagined seeing you like this too soon, Jendeuk."

"Seeing me like what?" Jennie asked snappishly but the expression on her face quickly transitioned from being snarky to anxious because she suddenly realized something. Her shoulders dropped like she had just lost the war she had not even started yet. "Oh, no. I shouldn't be here. Lisa might think I'm sending men to follow her and she won't like it. And you--" Jennie said weakly, shaking her head as she looked at Jisoo, "You shouldn't be here, too, Chu. She'll definitely think we're tracing her and I promised her I won't do that. This is stupid."