Chapter 30

Jisoo was sprawled on the soft satin sheet of her queen-sized bed. She had been wide awake for hours now. And if her stares could burn, she'd already have put soots and holes on the ceiling of her bedroom.

She was still wearing the dress that she had worn for the gala dinner she attended last night. Her raven hair was a beautiful mess around her head and her eyes were now fixed on the tiniest smudge of ink vaguely visible on the spread of white above her. Which she knew too well that it was her own doing.

She had once flung her favorite pen on the ceiling, wanting to feed her curiosity about how sturdy the case of her pen was and how high she could fling it in the air. It was sturdy, she found out, after it did not break open when it hit the concrete ceiling. But the tip of the ballpoint miraculously touched the white paint and left a mark there, which nobody else knew about. The pen did not work properly after that and Jisoo prohibited a repainting on her ceiling. She felt like it was one of her secrets, a weird relationship between her and her room.

"AAAAAARGH!" Jisoo screamed and sprung herself up on her bed. Her hands automatically flew towards her head and disturbed her already messy mane. 

The memory of her kissing--no, smashing her mouth--on Chaeyoung's mouth kept replaying on her head since she got home at almost four in the morning.

"I am so stupid!" Jisoo told herself for the nth time and dropped herself back on her bed once again. She went back to her eagle-spread position. "So so so so stupid!" She was kicking her feet four times against the soft linens, putting an emphasis on the word "so" every time. Her soft pillows scattered all over the floor.

She had already lost count the number of times she screamed and sprung up and then plopped herself back on the soft mattress and did it on repeat eversince she got home from her stupid stopover at the Orange.

"I think I like her?" Jisoo repeated the monologue she had been doing with herself for the umpteenth time. The echo of her own words from the dawn at the Orange was haunting her. "I. Like. Her?? Since when did you ever like a...a woman, Jisoo Kim? A woman! For God's sake! Idiot! You're an idiot!" she told herself and shut her eyes.

When Jisoo was a kid, her mother would often tell her to shut her eyes if she wants to forget a bad memory. It was the trick, her mother would often say. "Close your eyes and think of something happy." And now that she shut her eyes tight, all she could see was Chaeyoung, grinning at her and telling her that she hasn't died yet after drinking that stupid cocktail she made and named after herself.

"That idiot," Jisoo mumbled and heard her phone ringing.

The sound of the ringing was muffled. She knew she had thrown it somewhere underneath all the sheets of her bed out of sheer frustrations and annoyance to own idiocy. And the thought of unearthing her phone from the layers of her bed linens was already tedious enough.

So Jisoo rolled her back, instead of standing to her feet and systematically recover her device beneath the layers of sheets, after she felt the vibration of her phone against her back. It was Jennie, calling.

Jisoo suddenly realized something while she was staring hard at Jendeukie's name on her screen. Maybe this was all that she was waiting for.

"Oh, yes. Right on cue," Jisoo muttered and sprung herself up again and snatched the device rather harshly.

"This is all your fault, Ruby Jane! I swear to God I will reap you open when I see you and feed your internal organs to Dalgomie! He'd love that!" Jisoo told her bestfriend as soon as she slid her thumb towards the green telephone icon on the screen.