Chapter 56

It was an unofficial trip and she wanted to go alone. She insisted to use her personal car - her Lexus, which started to grow on her - instead of the Sedan. But if she had a choice, she would still prefer her Impala over every royal cars available and so then she vowed to do everything to bring that beauty in Thailand.

Her security, however, reiterated that she should be escorted on her trip to the complex. Something that she really was trying to avoid because she didn't want to draw so much attention to herself - and the trip, itself - because then it would create such unnecessary fuss, given the fact that everyone probably knew who the Lexus was registered to. But it was protocol, her security insisted. And since she was now highly considering the idea of actively participating in the royal court - that, and she really wasn't in the mood to argue - Pranpriya heeded, to everyone's surprise and she wasn't sure whether she was amused or upset about it. The lady captain was obviously expecting her to disagree like the last time.

Her Highness witnessed how those sharp dark eyes of the lady captain stared at her in confusion when she said, "Fine. But do so without so much ado, Captain. I don't want attention," before she dismissed them and retired to her chamber once again to prepare herself for the trip.

On normal days, she would mostly choose to wear comfort. Mostly, it would be a pair of jeans - any type of jeans that she can grab from her closet. She would pair it with white cotton tops and a flannel if the sun was too hot or the breeze was a bit cold for her liking. Other times, when it was the cold was a little unbearable, she would cover herself with thick jackets. She would be seen carrying a knapsack with her cameras inside, rolls of films carefully placed inside a box, a few necessary cables and some other important stuff she might need to survive the day.

She didn't want to stand out and attract attentions because she didn't want to be seen and recognized. She wanted to blend in. It was one of the downside of her decision when she left the kingdom; one of the many things she bargained when she chose to be Lisa and kept Pranpriya hidden behind her chosen façade. But she would stand out, nonetheless. Always.

People would still gawk at her unwittingly when she passes by. Children would look at her in awe and curiosity. Men would ogle at her admiringly and women would stare at her like she was someone they would want to achieve. After all, the grumpy waitress from the old café where she saw Jennie for the first time was right. She did look like a Barbie.

Today, however, was different. Pranpriya chose to wear the royal color. Something that she had denied herself to be associated with, as much as possible, for too long now. She didn't want anyone to put two and two together and realized that she was somehow connected to the kingdom. Chaeng would often tell her she was being stupid. That anyone can wear yellow and like yellow and not being suspected as part of the monarchy she belonged to. So that when Jennie asked her about her favorite color, she thoughtlessly said it was red and that she thought it represents life. She winced at the thought of the lies she had to come up with in order to keep her identity a secret.

Her dress and her bright hair shone under the Pathum Thani sun when she stepped outside the palace halls and unto the palace ground. Although, she might have looked like a lonesome yellow daisy in a garden of blue butterfly flower as she was surrounded by the royal guards in their royal blue uniforms. But it was iconic, in a way. The kingdom had too long been deprived of her presence and it was no surprise that Lek - the loyal servant to the crown - looked teary eyed when they saw her emerged from the door and descended gracefully down the marble staircase. His small eyes were gleaming with so much emotions when he looked up at her. Pranpriya noticed it but chose to brush it off, thinking that was also probably due to the soporific afternoon sun.

"Your Highness," Captain Pakpao greeted her.

The lady captain was standing beside the Lexus and opened the door immediately when she reached the landing. The car was parked close to the foot of the marble stairway, only giving her short distance to cross the car. She was particular about it during their brief meeting earlier because she didn't want to expose herself from the throng of visitors outside the gates.