Chapter 17

"Chu!" Jennie gasped when she stepped out of Lisa's car and walked straight towards where Jisoo was standing. "Oh my god! What are you doing here?"

"Aigoo!" Jisoo breathed disapprovingly. "You should at least ask me how I am doing, Jendeukie. I've been waiting here for, like, an hour already. No, two hours to be exact," she said, raising two fingers and brandished it on Jennie's face.

"Wae? Is there a problem?" Jennie asked concernly. She pulled Jisoo towards the back of the Ranger Rover, away from Lisa's earshot.

"Your mother was looking for you. She was bugging me all day about your whereabouts?" Jisoo replied.

"And? Did you tell her?" Jennie asked, sounding worried.

She wasn't worried about her mother knowing where she was or what she did all day. She was worried about her mother finding out about Lisa. She didn't want Lisa to be dragged into her world. Because her world, her boring, uptight world was nothing close to Lisa's fun and colorful conundrum. She didn't want to ruin it for Lisa. No. She didn't want her mother to ruin it for Lisa. 

"Of course, not. Why would I even?" answered Jisoo quickly, as though the thought of betraying Jennie was offending her loyalty. "I told her I don't know where you are. But, you know your mother better than anyone, Jendeuk. She's persistent. So, she asked Mr. Young to trace you..."

"And Young-seonsaeng did. Right?" Jennie said weakly, sounding and looking deflated.

Mr. Young, the head of security of the Kim household was the most loyal to Jennie's mother. It wouldn't surprise Jennie at all if her mother would reward Mr. Young a golden plaque for his loyalty and unwavering service to the Kim's on his retirement day.

"No. My father intervened. Dad told Young-seonsaeng that he will trace you, himself. But he never did, of course. Because my abeoji loves you, Jendeuk. He said he respects your privacy. I guess he found out about our "little secret" because he mentioned the word 'mural' in passing."

"Your father is a cheonsa, Jisoo!" Jennie gushed, but was still looking worried. "And so, how did you know I'd be here?"

"Actually, I didn't. I was just kind of hoping that you'd be here," Jisoo answered.

"You didn't trace me? Or Lisa?" Jennie inquired.

"Why do you sound so suspicious, all of a sudden? Aigoo! No, I did not. I didn't had the chance to sneak back inside Dad's offi--,"

"Jennie?" Lisa called after she stepped out into the cold Hongdae air, unintentionally interrupting Jisoo.

"Oh gosh! So, that's Lisa?" Jisoo whispered to Jennie. Her eyes suddenly shone brightly in excitement while she was tiptoeing to have a better look at Lisa.

"Oh, crap! I've totally forgotten about her!" Jennie whispered back, now looking anxious, and glare at Jisoo who was eyeing Lisa with interest and curiosity. "Yes, that's Lisa. Be nice to her, Chu. I'm warning you. Do not intimidate her," she hissed on Jisoo's ear.

"Ya, Jennie Kim! Since when did I ever intimidate anyone?" Jisoo hissed back and glared at Jennie before she turned her attention to Lisa. A wide smile was painted on her lips. "Hi! You must be Lisa?" she said brightly, elbowing passed Jennie, causing Lisa to falter on her steps.

"Uh, y--yes?" Lisa answered reluctantly, cautiously averting her eyes from Jisoo to Jennie, and back to Jisoo. "And...you are?"

"I'm Jisoo. Jendeuk's bestfriend," Jisoo said brightly, extending her arm towards Lisa, offering her hand for a handshake. "Hello! It's so nice to finally meet you, Lisa. Jendeuk told me so much about you," she added with a mischievous grin.