"The Intruder" - Chapter 4

Little Rhapsody was playing with her dolls as her brother was reading a book before the fireplace. She was probably five years old and it was already dark outside.

"Look, Leo." She stood up to ran to the window and admire the moon. She pointed to the white planet as her brother put his book away.

He walked to her, stopped behind her and kneeled so he was her length.

"It's the moon." She said. "Yes," he softly said as he wrapped his long arms around the girl. "She's our sun." He smiled.

She suddenly turned around with much questions in her eyes. "But what about the other sun..." she innocently asked. "Can't we stay up to see her too?"

Her brother was quiet for a moment before he softly shook his head. "I'm sorry, but that sun isn't good for us-" "Why not, Leo?" Again he was quiet for a moment not knowing how to explain to his little sister.

"Because it's not good for our health." He said hoping she would understand it. "It's dangerous." She slowly, slightly disappointed nodded as he picked her up.

"It's time to go to bed now." He smiled. "But I don't want to go yet." She said as she smiled by the surprised look of her brother. "I'm not tired yet!" "Just wait till I read your bed time story." He smiled as they both went to her room.

I woke up covered in sweat as I looked out of the window. It was beginning to get dim, what meant I hadn't woken up on the wrong time.

I stood up thinking about my strange dream. Did this really happen? If so, I would've never expected our host having such a soft spot.

I sighed and quickly tried forget it. It's probably not true because they are heartless monsters. And I'll have to kill them.

I quickly put on my clothes and made myself ready for the night. I hope they don't serve that terrible food again...

Rhapsody's POV
I was already half an hour awake sitting on the bench in the hall when I saw Jungkook. He walked very quickly, but I tried to make a conversation.

"Jungkook!" I walked up to him as he stood still. "How do you feel?" He seemed to think about it for a moment and then respond. "I'm- I already feel better, but I think I'm still not able to eat something."

Jungkook's POV
I tried to just say something hoping she would believe me. "Oh that's a shame," she said. "I hope you feel well soon." It was like she meant it, but my dad told me they always act everything to get what they want... I should not fall into this trap.

"Has my brother already told you about the feast?" I looked at her pink dress and expensive earrings as she smiled. "No." I awkwardly said. Why am I always so bad with girls?! Well, I'm not with my own girlfriend, but with others I am.

"Next week many guests will come to discuss important things. A few family members will be there too, and we meet like this every ten years." I slowly nodded. Me, in a house full of vampires? I don't think so! I'll safely stay close to Patrick.

-

After we got dinner, the other three decided to stay up as I told them I was going to sleep because I felt 'sick'.

I waited until sunset when everyone would be asleep and decided to check this house, like dad had told me via a text.

I was quietly walking through the halls hoping I wouldn't get caught. I looked to all the rooms but couldn't find the room where also hid his business papers.

After twenty minutes of searching I finally found it. I slowly opened the door as I hoped no one was here. I knew I was playing with my life, but I had to make my dad proud.