"The Intruder" - Chapter 13

Rhapsody's POV

Leo and I were dining as the maids had made us meat with sauce and some vegetables as decoration.

"Leo?" My brother looked up from his plate as he smiled. I knew he was glad to be finally alone with me again, without any persons that would ask for help or anything like that.

"What kind of meat is this? It is very well made." "Let me taste,"

He took his first bite of the meal and enjoyed it too as he took a sip of his drink after.

"By the taste of it I presume it's a human being." He ate on as I slowly nodded. "It's really delicious." I smiled and suddenly noticed Charles' absence.

"Brother?" We were both quiet for a moment as Leo began to grin a little. Every time he had done something that wasn't okay, which never really occurred, he would react like this.

"Leo... What have you done this time?" Without noticing I began to smile with him as he bit his lip.

"I have to tell you something." He suddenly got serious again as I listened. "You've probably noticed Charles' absence tonight," I quickly nodded as he returned on talking while I was eating meanwhile.

"I don't want to scare you but," he was quiet for a moment as I stopped eating.

Leo's POV

My sister stopped eating as a worried expression appeared on her face.

"He was a..." I didn't know if it was necessary to give Rhapsody any unimportant worries, but I had to tell her this so she would know what to expect.

"He was a human."

Her eyes grew bigger for a second as she became quite pale while motionless looking to her plate.

"W-Where is he now?" "He's dead."

She sighed in relief and grabbed her cutlery again to ate on.

She suddenly put her cutlery on her plate again as she gave me a questionable look.

"But why... did he stay for us for such a long period of time?"

I deeply sighed. "He tried to kill me tonight, yet I was quicker and-"

I suddenly looked up with pain in my heart as I saw a lonely tear dripping down my sisters cheek.

"W-Why Leo?" More tears followed as I quickly stood up to sit next to her and comfort her. "Why are humans so eager to kill vampires?"

Rhapsody's POV

"I-I don't know," My brother put one arm around me as I thought back about our mother and father.

"Humans just don't like to share... I guess." He was speechless for a moment. "We only kill to survive yet it feels like they only do it as a pleasure or treasure hunt."

"But-But L-Leo," I burst out in tears thinking of all the things that could've went wrong. "N-Nothing will happen to y-you, right?"

I lied my head against his chest as he stroke against my back.

"Don't worry." He smiled. "I won't leave you."

Jungkook's POV

"And that's how I killed a vampire maid." My mom and dad were laughing as my brother was just annoyingly watching TV while we were sitting on the couch.

My mom came to us with another load of snacks as I tried to forget my worries about Rhapsody and Leo. By the way, the mission must've been already accomplished by this hour....