"The Intruder" - Chapter 28

Evelyn and I were now lying under their table on a spot were they couldn't see us as they were gone for a moment.

They walked back as their Christmas tree was decorated and the fireplace was on.

It was so cozy. And... my heart skipped a beat to see her again...

Rhapsody's POV

Leo and I had gotten a warm cup of hot chocolate. And even if we couldn't taste it, it made me happy.

Another song slowly came on as my brother stood up to reach for my hand.

"So, do you want to dance with me, little sister?"

I smiled as he grinned while I grabbed his hand and slowly stood up.

He lied his arm around my waist as I lied my hand on his shoulder before we slowly danced a little.

Jungkook's POV

"Do you remember you always used to stand upon my feet when you where little?"

They both laughed as she nodded.

"Yes," her smiled made my heart melt. "Of course I do."

Her voice sounded soft and sweet as she lied her head onto her brothers chest as they were still dancing a little.

"Leo," she quietly said as he looked at her with a caring expression.

It was strange to see him like this in contrast to the last time I saw him.

Yuck! Those red eyes still scare the hell out me...

"When you were gone, I was so scared to never see you again..."

Her eyes were looking at the carpet as she was still standing in this position.

"Don't worry," their position changed into a tight hug as I suddenly got tears in my eyes to see them like this.

"I will never leave you again, I promise."

A tear slowly rolled down her cheek as I tried to swipe away my tears too.

It hurt me to know I had caused her so much pain back then...

It made me weak to see how I had interrupt their happy family life. It made my heart break and my eyes almost cry.

Maybe-Maybe she's happier like this.

I looked at them as I slowly moved away from the table to get away.

I made a sign to Evelyn to go as she looked at me with strange expression.

-

When we were finally standing outside under a shelter, while the snow was still falling down and my hands were cold as ice, she slowly looked at me.

My heart was aching and I felt bittersweet, but if she was happy like this... I maybe should let her go.

"Where are we going?" She gave me a confused yet understanding look as I can't quite explain it.

"I-I don't know." My voice cracked and I tried to hold back my tears.

"She's happy like this," I sighed and stepped one foot forward as Evelyn was still standing under the shelter.

My hair got wet and my face got cold, but I didn't care.

"Let's go away. I-"

"No."

She suddenly tightly grabbed my hand and pulled me towards her while snow continued to fall, yet not upon me anymore.

We looked at each other and stood like this for a while as I felt a strange feeling in my stomach.