"The Intruder" - Chapter 23

Jungkook's POV

Covered in sweat, I immediately sat upright as I heard my quick breathing.

What was happening?

I lied my hands on my head and harshly went through my hair as a few tears rolled down my warm sweaty face.

"I will get two sons and let them finish the job." He grinned as Patrick frowned.

"Kids? You never liked kids! Why do you want a pair of those brats?" He jokingly said.

"Because one of them can finish the mission, you dumbass. They won't rest until it's done, when I don't need them anymore, I will let them live on their own."

Did this... really happen years ago?

I slowly wiped my tears away.

My dad... He loved me, right?

He-He didn't really get kids only to...

I let out a deep shivering sigh and decided to listen to my fast heartbeat for the next ten minutes.

I slowly let myself fall onto the bed.

"Because one of them can finish the mission."

Everything made sense, or was this just a delusion?

I wish I was with Rhapsody now...

My eyes began to form tears again.

I wish I could hold her in my arms and tell her how much I loved her. She's the only one I still fully trust, even if others say otherwise.

Rhapsody's POV

"Let me go!"

I yelled with the last energy I had as I got tired and drained from the pain of my wounds.

"Leo!" My weak voice was screaming and it felt like I could collapse every moment.

He was tightly holding my hand and squeezed it as he took me with him back to my room.

Ravi's POV

We, Leo's friends, were sitting at the table as we heard the anguishing words of Rhapsody. We were all quiet now.

"Leo!" She screamed.

It was quiet for a moment.

"Leo, please," her voice sounded softer as Ken and Hongbin gave each other a worried expression.

"You are hurting me."

I heard them stopping with walking as I knew Leo would probably feel guilty.

They walked on again as, after a moment, we heard quick footsteps towards the stairs.

Leo's POV

I couldn't tell her that I wanted to protect her. That I didn't want to lose her too...

She quickly got out of my grip and tried to escaped as I was quicker and blocked the way.

She didn't look healthy and looked in a lot of pain. I can't believe she's hurting herself like this only for that stupid, replaceable boy.

"Rhapsody,"

I didn't want my voice to sound this harsh as she was looking at me with tears.

"Rhapsody, please understand that I want what's best for you and-"

"Yeah, sure." She tried to push me away as I grabbed her shoulders to stop her,

But I was too harshly,