"The Intruder" - Chapter 7

Jungkook's POV

I had never expected me to do this. To just shot someone.

I slowly let the gun fell out of my hand as I walked so my back felt the wall.

H-How could I do this?

I looked at the body of the maid as blood filled the floor she was lying on.

Did I... do this?

I knew I hadn't a choice or I would've been lying there, but I had never expected to actually pull the trigger.

I felt tears pricking in my eyes as I suddenly saw Leo and N running through the door as I quickly swallowed my softness away.

"What did you do?" Leo said as his eyes were already red.

"I-I," my voice sounded weak as I quickly tried to sound manly. "I shot her... Because she wanted to murder your sister."

They were looking at me with big eyes not expecting I would kill someone.

"S-She told me that she had lied a threat on your desk so all the clues would lead to N."

They were still speechless as N was quietly looking at the body on the floor.

"But is my sister safe now?" I slowly nodded as he sighed out of relief.

"Thank god."

Leo's POV

I looked at N was was still quiet.

"I'm so sorry N... I really thought-" "No, it doesn't matter. I would've done the same thing." He smiled and walked back to the ballroom after he padded my shoulder.

Meanwhile Jungkook was just looking at the maid as I knew he was startled. He probably hadn't killed anyone before...

"What... was her motive?" "Jealousy..." Jungkook quietly said as he was still looking at her in shock.

"My butlers will clean her up," I said hoping I could see him as happy as he normally was.

"Thank you so much for saving my sister..." I tried my best to have a friendly expression on my face as he slowly nodded.

I decided to go away and let him alone for a moment because he probably didn't like a pep talk of me.

Rhapsody's POV
I quickly ran downstairs as Uncle N had told me the news.

With tears in my eyes I opened the door of the basement to see Jungkook and the body of Diana.

She always helped me and I had known her for a minimum of fifty years...

"Jungkook,"

He slowly looked up as I saw something unfamiliar in his eyes.

It was like the always positive, funny, happy Jungkook was gone. Like he made place for a much colder, sadder and lonelier Jungkook than I had ever experienced before... Was this maybe his real self?

What would he hide?

"Are you okay?"

He slowly looked up as he gave me a weak smile.