"The Intruder" - Chapter 16

Hi guys! I hope you like the story :) I strongly recommend listening to Hyonosis (Rearranged Version) by Taemin when you see *. Enjoy reading.

I was speechless and didn't know what to say as she looked to me with sad, innocent eyes.

"I'm..." I was doubting but she wanted me to lie. I wanted to lie. I didn't want to hurt her.

Rhapsody's POV

"I'm not."

He shook his head giving me a warm smile. "I just came after Charles and Patrick were humans too. I thought they really wanted to do business, but they used me as an information source."

I immediately hugged him again as he probably wasn't lying. He wouldn't make such things up.

And if he is lying, it doesn't matter to me for now. I just need someone to comfort me.

~ One month later ~

Jungkook was standing next to me as I couldn't stop crying again.

I hurt so much thinking about my brother lying in his coffin knowing he would never wake up... It also hurt even more because I my uncles weren't even at the funeral.

I lied down the red roses I had picked from the garden as we were standing before his grave.

"At-At least he's now together with mother and father." I felt a tear falling down on the grass as Jungkook wrapped his arm around me.

Jungkook's POV

*  She quietly looked at his gravestone as her warm breath made air in front of her turn white.

"I-I can never see them a-again now." She burst out in crying and gave me a hug as it hurt my heart.

This first few days after the incident she couldn't stop crying and constantly broke down... And now, even after a month, she tried to stay strong, but every time she thinks I'm not watching she gets weak again.

I hate what I've done...

"I-I wish I was mortal," she quietly said as she blankly stared in front of her. "I wish I could see them again even if it meant I had to-" "No, please don't say that."

I didn't want to get confronted with the fact of not seeing her again... I knew I had to kill her this month, but I just simply didn't want to think about it. At least, not yet...

I loved her and didn't want to miss her, but I had to eventually...

We were both quiet as the wind was slowly blowing in her hair.

She still looked stunning, yet so pale and fragile.

I wanted to hold her in my arms and love her and tell her that everything would be alright.

Rhapsody's POV

His brown beady eyes were looking at me and his dark brown hair was decorated with some snowflakes that suddenly fell down.

"Rhapsody,"

I was quiet as I forget my pain for a moment while looking into his magical eyes.

"It's maybe egoistic of me, but I'm glad... we are immortal."

He slowly grabbed my cold hand as he smiled while his red scarf was blowing through the wind. His hands were slightly warmer than mine as they were pink from the cold weather.

"I'm glad you can stay with me because-"

He watered his lips and did one step closer as he looked to the grass that was covered with snow.