"The Intruder" - Chapter 18

Rhapsody's POV

It was a new morning and I woke up as I heard the birds outside.

I had made my decision and quickly put on my clothes as I didn't care that it was afternoon.

It was winter, so the sun wouldn't bother me that much.

I quickly walked down the stairs to sit in the dining room and wait for Jungkook.

He mostly was up at afternoons too so I was just sitting here as I heard his footsteps.

I'm going to tell him I love him and never want to stop loving him.

I made my decision and I'm sure Leo would've wanted to see me happy.

Jungkook's POV

I couldn't sleep tonight and was lying in my bed not being able to stop the fuzz in my head until I suddenly heard Rhapsody's footsteps.

She was walking to the first floor as I sat upright to look at the gun on my desk.

Patrick had taken one of my guns, but I always carried an extra around me.

Behind it, a picture of my family was standing.

I grabbed it and looked at Dongmin, myself, my mother and father.

"I'm going to make you proud today, dad."

Rhapsody's POV

I was nervously ticking with my fingers on the wooden table as I looked at the chandelier above me.

When is he coming? I'm already waiting so long and-

I quickly looked down as I saw Jungkook standing in front of the long table I was sitting on.

Jungkook's POV

She was innocently sitting there as I tried to swallow my fear away as my Adam's apple went up and down.

I only heard my shivering breathing as I watered my dry lips.

"We-" my voice sounded higher as I quickly cleared my throat to sound manly.

"We need to talk."

She smiled with question marks in her eyes as she quickly stood up to follow me.

It hurt my heart and soul. But I had to. I had to do it now or I would never be able do try it again.

Rhapsody's POV

We were quietly walking through the halls to the fireplace as it started to get dim.

Jungkook was way more quiet than normal... I guess it's because the things I said yesterday.

"I'm glad I got to know you."

Jungkook's POV

She smiled as I felt my heart being crushed to pieces.

"Thank you for always being there and caring for me."

Her friendly eyes and soft lips were closer to me than a few minutes ago as we were standing before the fireplace.

"I-I made my decision and I love you,"