Chapter I - Dragon

10 years ago...
"Is this the legal residence of (y/n) (l/n) ma'am?"

Emica Mori, (y/n)'s neighbor and legal guardian, stood in the front doorway of her home. Standing in front of her was what looked like two knights, just without their helmets and swords.

"Yes... May I ask what this is about?"

"It is about her parents. How old is Ms. (l/n) ma'am?"

"She's 9. Are her parents okay?"

*****

(Y/n) was currently out playing with some other kids until Emica called for her to come in.

"Aww but Auntie Emmie can I stay out just a bit longer?"

"No. I'm sorry (y/n) but this is important."

(Y/n) pouted and told the other kids she'll see them tomorrow. She was a little disappointed she had to go in sooner than what she would've liked, but the sullen look on Emica's face told (y/n) whatever 'this' is, is a serious matter.

"Auntie Emmie what's this about?" (Y/n) questioned as Emica brought her inside and sat her down on a chair in the dining room. Emica squatted down to (y/n)'s height, and looked into her eyes.

"Auntie Emmie why do you look like you're going to cry?"

Emica laughed weakly as she looked down to the floor. "You were always the child who spoke their mind," She looked up into (y/n)'s eyes again, "(Y/n)... Sweetheart... it's about your parents love,"

(Y/n)'s eyes lit up with glee. "Are they coming  home Auntie Emmie? Are they coming home?"

Oh the innocence of a 9 year old child.

"(Y/n) baby..." Emica let some tears fall as she thought of the news she was going to tell (y/n). "Baby I'm so sorry. I just got word that your parents..."

Emica closed her eyes to prepare to tell (y/n).

"Your parents are dead. (Y/n) baby I'm so, so sorry,"

The glee from (y/n)'s eyes slowly left as her smile slowly disappeared. The once happy look on her face transformed into one of shock.

"Dead? Auntie Emmie what do you mean?"

Emica only hugged (y/n) as she let more tears fall down her cheeks.

Once (y/n) got over the shock, she hugged Emica back and started hysterically crying as the realization sunk in.

(Y/n) can never see her parents again.

Present day...
"Come on you damn deer. Stay still."

(Y/n) was hiding behind a fallen tree as she had her bow out and drawn, ready to strike so she could catch her next meal.

If only it could stop moving.

"Aaaaaaand..."

Just as she was about to let go and let the arrow drive into the deer's neck, the deer got spooked by some birds flying off of the tree branches and ran away.

"Damnit! That's just my fucking luck today ain't it?..." She sighed.

She let the bow string go back to normal as she stood up from hiding and went to go track the deer by looking at its prints in the lightly coated snow on the ground.

"So you went that way huh? Oh I'll get you you damn deer. I'll get you,"

She continued to track the deer for about a minute until she spotted it again. She was able to hide behind some shrubs before the deer saw her.