Chapter XIV - Proving His Worth

After exiting the Kingdom and entering back into the forest, not much was said by either person. They both knew their main goal, to find Bakugou's dragon, and they both knew they needed to concentrate if they were even going to come close to finding it. But there was one question that (y/n) couldn't seem to get out of her mind.

"Hey Bakugou... Tell me something... How did you even come across the dragon in the first place? I mean... You two just have a strong bond for him to be patiently waiting for you to return. Was it like... A friendship forged when you were little?" The curious (h/c) headed female asked.

Bakugou slowly shifted his gaze from the ground to (y/n)'s (e/c) eyes that looked into his with wonder. He could tell she was excited to hear the answer.

He sighed before lifting his head and moving his eyesight to straight in front of him. "I battled him a couple of years ago. I proved my worth. He deemed me as someone who could ride him and someone he could proudly be with because I earned it. I'm not the Dragon King for nothing..." His voice trailed off a little at the end.

(Y/n) was ecstatic to hear him talking about dragons but she managed to contain her excitement. "That must be pretty cool, beating a big ass dragon in a fight. And Dragon King? Did you mention that to me before?"

Bakugou chuckled. "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. I don't keep track of that shit,"
(a/n: when you actually can't remember if you mentioned it before oops)

His comment made (y/n) let out a small laugh herself. The two continued to check for signs for Bakugou's dragon for quite a while. It was about 10 minutes later though that (y/n)'s eyes landed on Bakugou's gauze. It was slightly stained red, and so (y/n) decided it was probably a good idea to change it; even if it was no longer bleeding.

"Does it hurt?" (Y/n) asked, not looking at him.

"My wound? Nah. Got used to it fairly quickly," He admitted.

(Y/n) slowed to a stop as she unslung the bag from her shoulder and began to look for more gauze. "It's still a good idea to change your gauze. Don't want to risk an infection. Also, it's probably a good idea to clean the wound itself," She pointed out.

In all honesty, Bakugou had forgotten about the wound on his lower stomach. He didn't feel any pain, and he stopped paying attention to it at some point.

A couple seconds later, (y/n) was able to find the gauze and get it out of the bag. "You want to head back to the Kingdom or try and find a stream nearby?"

Bakugou looked at her before looking back in the direction they came from. "No," He eventually spoke, "Going back only means backtracking and wasting time and I'm not in the mood for that shit,"

(Y/n) slung the bag back over her shoulder. "Stream it is then,"

Finding a stream actually didn't take that long. They were able to find one within a couple of minutes.

Getting close to the water's edge, (y/n) sat down and gestured Bakugou down next to her. Once sitting, (y/n) carefully unwrapped his gauze. She wrapped the bloodied gauze around itself and put it aside. She then studied his cut for a little bit before cupping her hands in the water. Once she got the amount to her liking, she carefully brought it over to his cut; pouring a little bit on it at a time. Bakugou sucked in his breath and held it as the cold water came into contact with his skin.

"Sorry." (Y/n) uttered upon seeing his reaction. He didn't say anything, but he did nod his head to tell her he acknowledged her words.

"So what's your story?" (Y/n) asked as his cut was now cleaned. "I told you mine. You must have one if you fought a dragon and won." She chuckled.