Chapter XI - Bakugou's Wild Card

(Y/n) was lightly humming to herself as she made her way back. But just before being able to join Bakugou once more by the fire, the sound of something loudly hitting something else made her freeze.

She lowered herself to the ground and gently put the animals down to grab an arrow out and quickly ready her bow.

Stealthily moving forward, she slowly moved herself until she was just able to see their little camp.

Her eyes widened a bit as she saw someone holding Bakugou by his neck with what appears to be a knife at his lower abdomen.

She silently cursed under her breath as she saw the perpetrator was wearing a helmet, but her face grew serious and confident as she saw a little sliver of neck in-between their helmet and their shirt.

She turned her bow sideways as she became super concentrated.

Once she was positive in the position and angle of the bow, she pulled the string back just a bit more before releasing it.

Bakugou continued grimacing at the person pushing him against the tree. He was about to say 'fuck it' and reach for his Cutlass before an arrow flew into and struck the person in the neck. The person immediately let go and dropped the knife; landing on the ground with a thud.

Bakugou snapped his head to the direction the arrow came from and visibly relaxed upon seeing it was just (y/n).

"Are you okay?! They didn't hurt you, did they?" (Y/n) questioned as she picked up the animals she caught and quickly made her way to Bakugou; a clear look of worry on her face.

"Yeah... Fucker didn't lay a scratch on me." He said while smirking and looking down at the now dead perpetrator.

(Y/n) sighed and smiled in relief. "That's great. Nobody fucks with my friends and gets away with it,"

Bakugou blushed as he turned away from her.

"Thanks." He said; (y/n) barely able to hear him.

"Huh?" She asked confused.

He briefly covered his face with his hands before turning back to facing (y/n).

"I said thanks. It's the second time you saved my ass. Give credit when credit is due... I guess." He said while looking away embarrassed.

"Oh my... Is the Bakugou King of Dragons really thanking someone? And me of all people?... Who are you and what happened to the Bakugou I know?!" (Y/n) practically shouted as she got close to his face and looked into his eyes.

Bakugou only blushed more as he grabbed her face and shoved her away from him.

"Nothing happened you idiot! It's still me!"

(Y/n) giggled and kissed his cheek. "I know. Just checking,"

He looked away and mumbled something incoherent. She only rolled her eyes as she sat down by the fire and took out her knife.

She looked up and reached out to give Bakugou the raccoon. "You still have the knife I gave ya right?"

"I uh... I kinda used it to kill a guard yesterday that was chasing me." He sheepishly said as he took the raccoon anyway and sat next to (y/n).

"You... You used..." She started, looking at him utterly confused before breaking out in laughter at the thought. She fell onto her back, clutching her stomach and wiping away the tears that were starting to form.

"It's not that funny you little shit." Bakugou said as he reached over to grab the knife so he can start skinning and cutting up the raccoon.

The next several minutes were spent with Bakugou angrily cutting and skinning his raccoon while (y/n) went into fits of calming down and laughing again. Bakugou didn't look at her nor say anything when her obnoxious laughter finally died down.

(Y/n) soon sat up and grabbed the knife to skin and cut her own animal. "I swear... That was the best fucking thing I heard in all my 19 years in this planet,"

Bakugou only mumbled incoherently again.

About 30 minutes (and many jokes and giggles from (y/n)) later, they both finished their meals and sat comfortably next to each other.

"I'm gonna find a place to throw that body." Bakugou suddenly said as he got up.

"Good idea. I'll go with you and throw these animal skins as well,"

Bakugou picked up the body and slung it over his shoulder, while (y/n) held the skins; one in each hand.

"I kind of feel sorry for the poor bastard ya know? They thought they had the upper hand with you pushed against that tree but then I popped up like you drew a wild card from your deck. They weren't expecting it at all,"

Bakugou readjusted the body on his shoulder as it was beginning to slip. "Yeah well I don't feel sorry for the poor bastard. Picked a fight with the wrong people and lost. Only dumbasses could be that stupid,"

(Y/n) giggled before looking to her left and seeing a deep looking ditch. "Hey Bakugou, how 'bout here?"

He stopped and walked to where (y/n) was. He looked at the ditch and shrugged as he mumbled a 'sure'.

"Okie dokie. Thanks for letting us eat you Mr. Raccoon and Mr. Squirrel." She said as she threw the skins.

Bakugou placed the body down and pushed it in with his foot.

"Sayonara dumbass."

*****
(a/n: wattpad restarted on me three times. Lesson learned: always manual save. Anyways, I wanted to update cause I can understand the struggle of not knowing what happens to characters you like 😏. Also!! For those who like/watch K-project I finally uploaded my Yata fanfic, so I'm going to focus more on that and the other two books I have planned, but I will try and update this at least twice a week. Don't kill me lol)
Word count: 987
-edited-