Chapter VIII - Searching For The Dragon

"Well... That was a first for me..." (Y/n) spoke as they turned and walked away from the Kingdom they were kidnapped to.

"What? Killing people?" Bakugou asked.

"Yeah... I've always swore to myself that I would use my bow and arrows for survival only. I never once thought I'd be pointing my arrows at humans..."

"Well technically shooting the guards with the arrows was for survival. You were running and fighting for your life. It was either them dead, or you dead. Some people go to drastic measures when cornered. You had no choice really,"

(Y/n) chuckled. "Yeah I guess you're right. It's just weird how I didn't seem to hesitate. It just felt natural, in a way. I really don't know..."

They walked in silence for about a minute until Bakugou heard (y/n) start to laugh. He raised an eyebrow and looked at her.

"I didn't even think twice about it. I looked at you and saw those guards trying to restrain you and I guess I just... The need to help my friend overpowered the fact that I'm going to purposefully hurt and kill someone for my friend's safety. There wasn't even a second option I saw. I guess saving and helping people is hardwired in my DNA. So I guess if it involves helping other people then me killing and hurting people is justified.... Right?"

"Y-yeah..." Bakugou turned his head away so she couldn't see his blush.

Besides Deku and Kirishima, he couldn't recall anyone calling him their friend. And it's coming from a girl no less. A completely badass girl who is not only kind but also pretty cute too.

And it's not like he forced her into anything; they just happened to be kidnapped together and depended on each other for survival. And it's not like he didn't enjoy her company; it was just different, but definitely not the bad type of different. And it's not like-

"Bakugou!" (Y/n) yelled, bringing him back to reality, "you good? I've been calling your name for like a minute now..."

He looked over at her and then down at his arm, in which he saw she was lightly holding.

He tugged his arm out of her hold and turned his head away once more, blushing as he remembered the contact. Was she holding his arm the entire time?

"Yeah. I'm fine." He practically growled.

(Y/n) giggled. "If you say so.... you tsundere." She said, whispering the last part to herself.

They spent a few more minutes walking in silence. (Y/n) got lost in her surroundings as she looked up and around her. She took in the way the sun rays were shining through the trees, and how she heard birds and insects of all kinds all around her despite not being able to see them.

"So what are we supposed to be looking for when searching for a big silver dragon?" She asked, suddenly remembering they weren't wandering the forest for no reason.
(a/n: heyo guys! For sake of plot, the dragon (y/n) saw in the first chapter is not Kirishima. But he will definitely be incorporated into the plot in later chapters tho! Thanks for reading!)

He blinked, also suddenly remembering about his lost dragon. "Uh, I guess we should start with prints and fallen trees first. We should also check the sky and keep our ears open for roaring and things like that,"

"Okie dokie O King of Dragons!"

For the next several minutes, both Bakugou and (y/n) did their best to find clues, both on the ground and in the air. They came across some fallen trees and prints that might've came from a dragon, but nothing lead them any closer to finding Bakugou's dragon.

"Do you think there's a possibility he just flew back home since you and him got separated?" (Y/n) questioned after a while.

"Maybe, but he knows if he flies home and notices I'm not there to search for me." Bakugou said as he switched his gaze from the ground to the sky, hoping to see silver flying above them.

(Y/n) hummed in acknowledgement of his words.

A couple more seconds later, the both of them heard twigs snapping, and it sounded like it came from their right.

They both stopped dead in their tracks as their heads immediately looked at the direction the snapping came from.

Upon hearing more snapping, they drew out their weapons and slowly made their way to the particularly dense looking section of the forest.

"Could it be your dragon?" (Y/n) whisper asked.

"No. We would've noticed earlier if it was," Bakugou said.

"Do you think it's more guards?"

"We would've spotted them by now," he said, shaking his head.

"I'm not too sure Bakugou. Think about that first time they got us in the forest. It was awfully quiet then too,"

Bakugou growled before stopping and holding his arm out to prevent (y/n) from making any more movement forward; his way of silently telling her he's gonna handle it.

"I swear Bakugou if you get injured one more time I'm gonna kick your ass." (Y/n) said as she never took her eyes off of the dense forest in front of them.

Bakugou smirked as he lowered his arm and started moving forward again.

(Y/n) lowered herself down to one knee as she pulled out an arrow and readied her bow if she needed to strike.

She hoped that Bakugou could handle it on his own. No, she knew he could handle it on his own. She trusted him and knew he was strong enough to do so, but if shit started to go down the drain, he could at least rely on her being there.

Taking about 15 more slow steps forward, he leaned in slightly to take a look before being forced to take a few steps back.

(Y/n) huffed out in annoyance as this big ass black bear popped out and had a stare-down with Bakugou.

Bakugou smirked as confidence started flowing through his veins.

"So it's just a dumb fucking black bear, huh?! Do you think you're intimidating to me?! Do you expect to pick a fight with me and honestly win you stupid thing? I think the fuck not!" Bakugou started yelling.

(Y/n) mentally face-palmed. "Is this dumbass idiot really trash talking a freaking bear?"

Bakugou sheathed his Cutlass as he started to pick up rocks to throw them at the bear's head as he continued yelling.

"I'm throwing rocks at you ya dumbass! You gonna attack me or what?! C'mon put those shitty claws of yours to good use and start swinging already asshole!"

(Y/n)'s focused and 'show-no-fear' look on her face quickly transformed into a bored one, but became shocked and genuinely impressed when the bear actually backed down and ran off back into the dense forestry.

"How the ever living fuck did that work?!" (Y/n) asked as she got up and put the arrow back in her quiver while looking in the direction the bear ran off to.

Bakugou cocked an eyebrow as he stared at her. "For someone who claims she lived in the forest for many years I'm surprised you don't know..."

(Y/n) looked at Bakugou and pouted. "Shut up. I don't know everything,"

She crossed her arms and started walking away, partially not caring if Bakugou was following or not.

"If you say so, PoutyFace." Bakugou laughed as he easily caught up with her.

"Stop it with the damn nicknames!"

*****
(a/n: so I lied lol. I said I wasn't going to post this today but it's kinda a filler chapter so I decided why not. The next two chapters are more important plot wise in my opinion but whatever. Author-chan thanks you for reading as it means a lot to her.)
Word count: 1328
-edited-