Chapter XVIII - Escape

It was a couple hours later that (y/n) had woken up to find herself leaning up against the cave wall. She blinked a couple of times before raising her hands to rub at her eyes. She groaned as her one hand then went to her head and her other went to her ankle. She tried looking around, expecting to see Bakugou nearby, but the only thing she saw was a small fire a couple feet away from her.

"K-Katsuki?!"

(Y/n) grimaced as she used the cave wall to help her get up. Sure, her ankle hurt like all hell, but to have her only company just up and disappear made her situation even worse.

"Ugh... Katsuki where the hell did you wander off to?!" She yelled into the shadowy abyss in no particular direction. Everytime she took a step forwards, she winced as she put pressure on her swollen ankle.

"I swear to God dude if you went and got yourself killed I'm bringing you back to life just to kill you again!"

She moved forwards a few more steps until she stepped on a small pebble she didn't see on the ground. She yelped in pain and fell over. She practically screamed out in frustration as she brought her leg close to her chest and held her now even more swollen ankle.

"What are you doing on the floor you dumbass?" Bakugou snickered.

She shot her eyes open and raised her head off of the ground when she heard Bakugou's voice. "And where the hell did you go off to?! (Y/n) spat.

Bakugou walked up to (y/n) and stopped just a couple inches away from her on the ground. "My stomach was rumbling like fucking crazy so I put you down since you fell asleep and I tried to go off and find food, but I couldn't find anything sufficient other than a few bugs,"

"No way in hell am I eating bugs found in a dark and dingy cave like this..." (Y/n) groaned as she let her head fall back on the ground, "and let me guess... You still don't know how to get out of here do you?..."

"I wasn't looking SassyMouth,"

(Y/n) let go of her ankle and spread her limbs into a starfish shape. "How long have we been down here?"

"Who knows..." Bakugou said after he sighed and picked her up bridal style again. "...But I'm going to go crazy if I don't eat something soon so I'd like to get the hell out of here if you don't mind,"

"Oh nooooo I was thinking of staying here for a little while longer just for the hell of it." She sarcastically said after rolling her eyes.

"Shut it SassyMouth or I'll leave you here..." Bakugou warned.

"Wow! Such a gentleman!" (Y/n) giggled.

Bakugou spent the next several minutes wandering through the cave system. He had no clue where he was going or even if the way he was going was the correct way to get them out of there; he just figured taking the path that lead them up instead of down was the path that'll lead them out. Eventually, Bakugou came across a big enough opening that looked like it could get them out of the cave system, but it required some climbing to get there.

"Oi, you think you can handle some climbing?" He asked (y/n).

(Y/n) looked at the rocks and ledges that would allow them to climb out of the cave system and sighed. "My ankle will never heal will it?"

"It's either risk climbing this or find another way out and risk staying down here longer PoutyFace," Bakugou said as he looked rather bored.

(Y/n) looked from the rocks to Bakugou. "If I fall and die then my ghost is gonna haunt your ass,"

Bakugou rolled his eyes at her. "Great. You'll be bothering me even when you're dead,"

She narrowed her eyes at him and smacked the back of his head.