Chapter:8

I nearly fought Travis the entire meal one day before a show. Christian who was sitting next to me finally had enough. Moving from his seat and moving me before sitting between us sticking his arm behind me. "Yeah. I'm tired of being kicked by the both of you." Christian said. "Not my fault!" Travis said. "Your egging it on." Christian said.

I sat there giggling until I was nudged. I looked up meeting Christian's eyes. After lunch, Travis pulled out his wallet. "Go buy something nice. Courtesy of me. This will pay you back for that pair of jeans." He said. "Not taking it." I said. The bill was ripped out of Travis' hand and put into my back pocket. "There. Take it, or else you will go up onto the stage during my solo act." Zac said.

He pulled one out too putting it with Travis'. Dang it. They then started to walk away. "Mall?" DJ asked. "I've got a better idea." I said. "Spend it at the merch table?" Vinny asked. I nodded. We then went to get ready for tonight. I put on a pair of shorts with my nice boots and a shirt that matched the stitching. I tucked it in then threw my belt with it.

"Hey! Ride a cowboy tonight." Romeo whispered to me. I showed him a twenty I had tucked away. We then went to eat before I went to Christian's dressing room for the show. We were all alone with no one else there. Myles gave me a meet and greet pass so I wouldn't be so alone.

At the meet and greet they looked kind of off. After it, I had to ask. I even saw the crew was off. "Our bus driver is in the hospital from an injury." Travis said. "No next show if you can't get there." I said. "Well um." Travis started. "One has the CDL license but can't get it renewed until Michigan." He said. "Could you give me a moment to look in the wallet I have in my bag?" I asked him. "Yeah." He said.

I ran out to it before digging in my bag for my wallet. I found it and checked the date on it. Tomorrow. I hobbled back inside seeing Travis still there. "Hey! It expires tomorrow. I can get it renewed and drive y'all if need be until your driver or on of the others can get their license." I said. "You would have to get it right then and there." He said.

"I know." I told him. "We could spend the night in the DPS parking lot if need be." He said. I nodded. He ran back with me tailing. The guys were coming out with their stuff. "How?" I heard one ask. "Driving the bus for the Sweethearts." I heard Travis say. "When does it expire?" One of them asked. "Tomorrow. If she's one of the first in, we can possibly get on the road before eight thirty." He said.

"I guess we can spend the night at the place." Vincent said. "Who doesn't mind it?" Troy asked. They were practically holding a vote. Apparently they don't mind. I nodded. "Hey I let Myles know what the plan was. We can go now and get on the road tomorrow." Romeo said. They all nodded before getting on the bus. I was let on the bus and into the drivers seat. "Know where your going?" Travis asked. "Sit tight." I told him as I closed the door. Driving the bus was easy.

I was able to get it to the DPS office and park it out of the way. A car was still there. I knew the price for the new license. I exited the bus quietly and went to see if anyone was still there. A man came out as I was going to the door. I got him to stop. I told him the predicament before he let me into the office.

"I'll pay double for it to go into effect tomorrow." I said. I let him see the expiring card. I fixed my hair before he snapped the picture. He printed it for me before telling me that it won't go into effect until after eight tomorrow morning. Fine with me. I'll run all night if need be. I went back to the bus as Travis spotted me coming towards the bus.

He helped me onto the bus and into the driver seat before going to the back. It was dead quiet. I found the city list next to the seat. I saw which was next. "Studying a possible route?" I jumped when hearing the voice. I looked up seeing Christian.

"Yeah." I answered. "The first one that is not marked out is the next stop. What did you leave the bus for?" He asked. "Renewing my license." I answered. "Was someone there?" He asked. "Yeah. Told them I would pay double if he went ahead made it up and gave me the license." I said. "When does it go into effect?" He asked.

"Tomorrow morning at eight." I answered. He nodded. "Could go ahead and hit the road." I said. "I trust you." He said. "I know you do." I told him. He sat down in the seat off to the side behind the steps. I pulled out of the parking lot and got onto the highway.