Chapter:31

Turns out the Philadelphia police were after him for murdering a man. Drew gave the police the footage they needed of him shooting at me. So now I'm exactly two weeks away from getting married. Chris and I flew to Detroit where he had his truck parked at Vinny's place then drove to his house. Once at his house we crashed getting nearly a three hour nap.

When the alarm went off, I told him I had to go by his mom's place real quick while he cooked supper for us. He didn't care, meaning he must have known his mom was harboring my wedding gown. I got there, she welcomed me in and had me straight away put the dress on.

She found some places that needed a little stitch here and there pinning them carefully. "There. It will be ready by the date." She said. "Thank you." I said to her. I invited her over to eat dinner with us tonight. She agreed to it. I left to go to the house. Christian came out with a piece of paper once there.

"To the grocery store." He said getting in the passenger side. I backed out and took off for the grocery store. I found a parking spot and turned the truck off. He got out holding a finger up. He went around to my side opening the door. He held out his hand letting me take it. I took it while putting the keys into my pocket.

He closed the door after I hit the lock button. We walked in hand in hand. I made him push the cart the entire way through the store and grab things off the very top shelf. When it came to the meat, I picked out the leaner cuts and even some specialty cuts that had Chris wondering what I was doing.

He did not even let me near the register. Eh. He's my husband in two weeks. Might as well share the payments. He told me to get in, in a hurried voice. Only when I was in did I see why he wanted me in the truck quickly. They seriously didn't get him? "I told you when I punched you last year to stay away from her. This time you won't be lucky at all. You don't have the upper hand here." Christian said in a calm voice that I knew was not calm.

I could tell my ex had a gun. I'm tired of this. I saw my ex hold the gun towards Christian. "Just let her go with me. She doesn't want you." My ex said. I grabbed the gun in the glove compartment and stuck it in my waistband. I got out of the truck. I could tell Christian was tense. If I don't put an end to this, Christian or I will get hurt miserably or one of our future children.

"I'll go on one condition." I yelled across the parking lot. "What?" He asked. "You don't bother him or anyone else that knows me." I told him. "Don't worry I won't. They won't be able to find us." He said. Christian tried to stop me. "I'll be fine babe. Wait here for me." I told him. He furrowed his brows. "Don't call for an ambulance. The police will be here quicker." I said.

He let me go, taking a step back. As I neared him, I put my hands behind my back like I used to. When he turned after grabbing my arm harshly I pulled the gun out hitting him over the head with it. I kicked his away before aiming the one in my hand at him. I am crazy. Not insane or psycho. "Come on. Let's talk it out baby." He said.

I threatened to pull the trigger by taking the safety off. Threatening to take his life for what he did to me. Not this close to the only person that has turned it all around for me. Christian changed my perspective on most men. He showed me what it's truly like to be loved by a man that truly loves me and will not abuse me.

Sirens filled the silence. "Give it up Jesse." My ex said. "Your a no good sl—. No one wants you but me. I know why your a stripper." That got under my skin. I pulled the trigger once as a warning. He gripped his arm. "I'm not a stripper you son of a bi—h." I growled. He started chuckling. "Kill me. We had it perfect when we were dating. You will miss me baby." "It was never perfect." "You don't get it. Your man over there took pity on you after he found out about us." He laughed.

A cruiser pulled up. "He doesn't want you Jesse. He's using you for public image." An officer stepped out of the car. I kept a straight face. "No guy will ever want you other than sex." I refrained myself from shooting him again. I glanced at the officer who had the gun pointed between us trying to decipher who was the real threat.

I took a step back, far enough away from my ex that he couldn't grab me. I bent down setting the gun on the pavement before backing up more. I couldn't tell what I should do. My ex tried to get up. Christian got between us. He didn't know my story until we really got into dating. The officer went over to my ex handcuffing him.

I wanted to cry. "I will be over at your house later to get the whole story." The officer said. Christian nodded to him. He turned, picked me up carrying me to the truck. He opened the driver's side door setting me on the seat. I scooted over to the other seat. He flipped the console up pulling me to his side.

"Don't do anything like that again angel. You scared the s—t out of me." He said. "I'm sorry." I said as I let the tears finally fall. "You don't have to be sorry. Let's hope that was his final warning and that he gets put away for good." He said.