Chapter:24

I turned right back around and went right back to the barn. I went directly into the tack room and grabbed a brush. "Jesse." I walked directly down the isle and to a random stall. I opened the sliding door and closed it back. Heavy bootfalls hit the concrete. They got louder as he got closer. "Why did you walk away?" He asked outside of the stall. "Because I know that face. I've seen it a million times before." I told him.

"What face?" He asked. "The one that says that I did the wrong thing." I told him. His brows furrowed. "You did nothing wrong angel." He said coming into the stall as I just stood there. "Then why does it feel like I did?" I asked him. He pulled me to him. "Angel. You did not do anything wrong. If anything you kept him safe." He said. I dropped the brush as I buried my head in his chest.

"I'm not mad angel." He said. He then lifted me up into his arms. I winced when he gripped part of the bruise. "Did you fall off?" He asked setting me on my feet quickly. I nodded. "Where?" He asked. "My back." I answered. He gently had me turn around. He lifted the back of my shirt. "Going to need some ice on it angel." He said as he put my shirt back where it was before.

"Come on angel. We'll get some lunch and then I get to hear all about how your morning went." He said as he picked the brush up. Then led the way out of the stall. We walked to the house together with his arm around my shoulders. "Would you like to explain why my truck is muddy and had to have the rear axel worked on?" He asked. "Um." I started. "You went mudding with my nephew and told him not to tell me that you two did it, then realized that the rear axel was knocked out of place." He said.

I buried my head in his chest. He chuckled. "I get a call every time my truck is in that particular shop for the axel if I'm not with it." He said. "I'm paying you back for it." He said. "No your not." I told him. "I am." He said. "No." I argued. "Arguing is pointless with me angel. I always win with you." He said. "Not this time." I told him. He opened the back door for me, letting me go through first.

Then helped me up onto the counter. He took my boots off setting them by the door. Then got into the freezer getting an ice pack out and getting the towel that was near the sink. He wrapped the ice pack before setting it on my back. I sucked in a breath from how bad it hurt.

"What did you land on?" He asked. "Don't know." I told him. "How did you fall off?" He asked. "Well. I luckily took my feet out of the stirrups before the horse lurched forwards knocking me off flank ways." I said. "Back and sideways?" He asked. I nodded. He kissed my forehead. "The most important part is, that you both are safe and did not get severely injured from it." He said.

He kissed my forehead once more. "Go change out of these clothes, shower or bathe if need be, then lay down on your stomach." He said. I nodded. "I'm not mad at you angel. I will never be mad at you unless I have a reason to. This was not one of those reasons. I trust your judgement angel." He helped me off the counter.

I went to the bedroom getting one of his shirts and a pair of my underwear. I decided against a bath since I probably would not be able to get up because of the bruise on my back. When I was done with the shower, I got into the clothes and found some ibuprofen on the nightstand on my side of the bed. I took it and a drink of water to wash it down with.

I then laid down on my stomach with my head buried in his pillow. A large hand touched my shoulder blade. "Ice for the bruise?" Christian asked. I nodded. I felt the shirt go up. "Could you not be a tease angel?" He asked. "Sorry. Can't do that." I told him. He kissed right at the base of my neck. I sighed.

"Get some rest angel. I'll be back in thirty minutes to check on you." He said. "Would you fix me some lunch?" I asked. "Yes ma'am." He answered. The weight disappeared from the bed. I dozed off until weight and a hand touched my back. A clink sound could be heard, indicating that a glass plate was sat down on the bedside table.

"Not as bruised, it's going to be sore though angel." He said. I nodded. "Do you have any bruise cream?" I asked him. "Might. Give me a moment." He said. He went into the bathroom before coming back after rummaging around. I felt something cool against my back. I sighed once more.

"I'll put some more on in two hours. If you want to come into the living room, your welcome to angel." He said. "Thank you cowboy." I said as he went into the living room.