Chapter:18

Show after show we did our best to get on the road when we could. In a town we were in along the east coast, Hailee and Dani were with me as we strolled the street looking for something to do. My phone rang. It was Dallas area code so I answered it. "Well. You still have not changed your phone number baby." I dropped my phone and just completely emptied the contents of my stomach.

Hailee picked up my phone and listened. She then stuck the phone in her pocket before calling someone. "Please tell me your near here." I heard mumbling. I wiped my mouth. "Hailee." Dani said in a warning tone. I looked behind me. "Where are the guys?" I asked. "Run Jesse." Hailee said. I saw the gun. Only to injure me. "Take my phone. I'll take yours. There is no way he's going to get you." Hailee said.

I took her phone before hurrying. Vincent sent a text saying that he was around the corner. Once around the corner I took off running. I saw a convenience store and slipped inside. I caught the name as I entered and slipped in to hide. I texted Vincent saying where I was. I kept behind the shelving pretending to browse as he passed the store.

Few minutes later, the door opened. I peaked around seeing him there. I snuck around as he searched the isles. I finally hid behind the counter giving a pleading look to the male clerk. At first he was apprehensive until I showed him the ticket for the Sweethearts Live. He gave a small nod before letting me hide out until my ex was gone.

"The ticket includes a meet and greet pass to any show including tonight's." I said. He nodded. "Is there someone waiting for you?" He asked. "Ariat brand cap or black felt stetson hat?" I asked. "There's two. One is wearing a black stetson hat and the other is not." He said. "The second guy have tattoos?" I asked. "Yes." He answered.

I peaked around before sighing. "Thank you for letting me hide here." I said. "Anything for a girl hiding from a guy with a gun." He said. I went towards the doors. They were waiting for me to appear. I exited the store and directly into his arms and side. "Your fine angel. I've got you." Chris said. He started walking. "We'll go somewhere to talk about this without anyone interfering." He said. Christian sent a text, probably to my phone.

Once at the place Vinny let us go in while staying outside. "The others are out doing stuff while Troy is taking a nap." He said. I nodded. "The very back area angel." He said. I went to the very back of the bus. He followed. Then pulled me onto his lap holding me against him. "Angel." I looked up at him. "I'm glad you were able to get away from him today angel." He said. I buried my head in his chest.

"I don't want you going with less than five of the girls if possible." He said. I nodded. "With at least two of the guys." I nodded. He rubbed my back. "Do you need to go back to your bus before getting ready for tonight." He asked. "Not right now." I answered. "Would there be anyone there?" He asked.

I shook my head. "Let's go to the building then. There will be more security there than the bus." He said. I nodded. "Would you like a piggyback ride?" He asked. I nodded against his chest. We exited the bus before he let me get on his back. I wrapped my legs around his waist as he held me up. I put my arms around his neck.

He started walking towards the building. Once inside he kept walking to a dressing room. He opened and closed the door before locking it behind him. He set me down on the counter. "Are you alright to perform tonight?" He asked. I nodded. "Angel please speak words. I love hearing your beautiful voice. I love hearing you laugh." He said as he moved closer.

"I still remember that first day I heard you laugh." He said. I tried to hide my face. He gently held my face in his hands making me look up at him. "I know you love to smile angel. If we could get out of this tour right now, we would go anywhere to hike in the US, anywhere you want to go. I would do anything to put that smile on your face to keep it there." He said.

I cracked a small smile. "There's those beautiful white teeth and dazzling smile." He said. I chuckled. He kissed me. Then picked me up pressing me against the wall. He kissed me deeply once before holding me. "I love you angel. I would do anything to keep you safe." He said. "I know." I said. "Every single time you see him, keep the street name in your head. Try to lose him in the crowd. If you can't, fight him. Chances are, there will be some guy around you that will get ahold of him. There will also be a few people as witnesses and will call the police. If you have to travel with just two friends stay in public." He said.

"I will cowboy." I said. He kissed me before setting me down. "I'd get dressed if I were you." He said. He set me down letting me go to my dressing room to change. I know he followed. He's usually the one that will sit in my dressing room, or with Vinny when Hailee and I are sharing a dressing room like tonight.

She came in, we swapped phones before getting ready. It was the opening number that we heard first. Her and I got ready for the cowgirl/country girl act. I went to find my hat not finding it. Chris was just sitting there doing nothing. As I left I took his with me right off his head. "Thank you cowboy. I will return it, no it will not go on another man's head." I said as Hailee and I left the room.

Vinny was laughing while Chris was mumbling curses. I giggled as we went up the stairs as I tied my shirt into place.