Chapter:35

I woke up groggy. When I tried to move it hurt everywhere. My vision went from foggy to clear. I looked to my right seeing Christian in a chair with his head propped up on his hand and elbow. I groaned as I moved once more. Christian shifted in his chair. I was hooked up to an IV, a heart monitor and a respirator.

I didn't want to call the nurse in just because I was awake. I tried to reach out to Christian. I lost my breath after one try. His arm slipped making his head shoot straight up. His tired gaze met mine before he bolted up and became bright eyed. He sighed as he put his hands on either side of my face before kissing my forehead.

"I'm so glad you're alright angel." He said. "How long was I out?" I asked him. "Not long angel. Are you hurting, groggy?" He asked. I nodded. "Once out of here, we're going straight to Dallas to get the rest of your things. Then go back home. They said your left calf swelled up largely along with your foot. They were able to get the swelling down and get antibiotics in to help with it. They did everything they could to keep you alive while you were unconscious." He said as he knelt down beside the bed.

"You stayed here didn't you?" I asked. "Of course I did angel. I would never leave my wife alone in the hospital at all. Especially after she has had a life threatening allergic reaction to a cottonmouth bite." He said. I smiled as he took my hand. "Do you want to be propped up?" He asked. I nodded. He got the bed remote and lifted the bed to where I could be propped up.

"Better?" He asked. "Did my throat swell?" I asked. "Yeah. That's what they were worried about the most angel." He answered. I nodded. "It still feels swollen." I said. "That's why they still have you on oxygen and twenty four hour watch." He said. I nodded. "I'm not allowed to let you drink anything until a nurse or doctor checks your throat out." He said.

I nodded again. He kissed my forehead once more. "Don't fall asleep angel. You need to stay conscious." He said as he sat back down in the chair. "Looks like the girls have been busy since they found out about you being put into the hospital angel." He said showing me pictures on the Sweethearts' Insta page. The caption was sweet. 'Packing for our cowgirl @jesse&dukesboots as she's laid up with a snake bite in the hospital. Going to take her stuff up to her new residence with her husband @christian_magicmen.'

A nurse entered as he pulled his phone back after letting me see the pics. "Awake I see." She said. Then checked my throat. "Looks like the swelling has gone down. Have you drank anything yet?" She asked. "No." I answered. "It doesn't look bad, we'll see how you do with water and go from there." She said. I nodded.

"If you can make sure she stays awake until six tonight along with drinking water throughout the day, we will see about soft foods for dinner." She said. Christian nodded. She left shortly afterwards. He then got up and sat on the edge of the bed before getting a cup and filling it with water. He held it to my lips letting me drink it.

He moved the chair directly beside the bed. "Uh oh. The guys are in on it too." He said looking at Insta after getting a notification on it. 'Wishing our new sister health as she's in the hospital after getting bit by a poisonous snake on the honeymoon hike.' "Quick picture angel?" He asked. I nodded. He knelt down in front of the bed and took a selfie with me as I was hooked up to all these machines.

He put a caption before posting it then getting my phone. He unlocked it and went into my Insta. "You wouldn't mind if I shared it onto your page, would you?" He asked. I shook my head. He reposted it with a thank you caption. "I would hug you cowboy, but I'm hooked up to all these tubes and things that are in the way." I said.

"You'll be able to hug me soon angel." He said. When they came to check my throat again, they checked to see if I could breathe evenly without the respirator. At midnight they took me off the respirator. I was still on the IV with pain meds. "Maybe in the morning angel." He said as he brushed my hair out of my face.

"Thank you cowboy." I said. "Get some sleep angel. I'll be right here watching you." He said. I yawned as he stood up. He kissed my forehead before grabbing a bag off to the side. He went into the bathroom. I heard water running as I dozed off. Last night must have been when the drugs have knocked me out from being so strong.

My forehead was kissed once again before I fell completely asleep.