I am really sorry for not updating on Monday
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N's POV

When Ichika left, 2nd Prince, Reo turned his head towards Lord Yuto. He had a smirk on his face.

"So, will you explain now about why did you choose her to be your maid and only yours?"

When 2nd Prince mentioned about her for working him, blush appeared on his pale cheeks which was very visible which made 2nd Prince think some things. Some things that he won't say it out loud because he wants to hear it from King Yuto, himself.

"I only brought her here because we were in need of another maid. I was looking for one until she made the mistake to look at me."

"Are you sure there is not another reason?"

"Yes, there is no other reason."

"If that's so, then why is there blush on your face? When you saw her first, did you feel your heart tingle?"

"I don't know but it felt a little weird when I looked at her. I just couldn't seem to take my eyes off of her. It was like I didn't had any control over my body."

"Oh, I know what that means."

"What does it mean? Tell me, now."

"Sorry Yutoda but I cannot because you would never believe me. I'm heading out now. You should finish your breakfast. You shouldn't make your pretty princess wait for too long."

"My princess? She's just a maid nothing else."

2nd prince laughed at his older brother before walking out.

When he exit the room, he saw Ichika who was near the urge of crying.

2nd Prince guessed she heard what his friend said. He felt bad for her.

After some minutes, Lord Yuto called Ichika in. When she came in to collect the dishes, Lord Yuto noticed she had tears in her eyes.

"Why are you crying? Answer."

"It's nothing, just some dust got in my eye."

"How dare you lie to your master? My workers clean this place really good. It is not possible to see dust specially around my room. Now, tell me the real reason why you cried?"

"I just miss my mom. I don't know how she is. Has she eaten or is she even alright? That is why I cried."

"Oh but perhaps did you hear the conversation between me and the 2nd Prince?"

"N-No. I-I would n-not dare to do that, y-your m-majesty."

"You should realize by now that you are a worse liar. And you did hear it. Am I right? I don't know what made you cry exactly but you can take the dishes back."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

I took all the dishes and left but not before bowing to him.

I made my way towards the kitchen. While I was walking, I had an encounter with the 2nd Prince.

"Greetings to your highness."

I bowed trying not to drop the dishes.

"Please get up Miss Ichika."

He really is a generous man. No wonder, a lot of girls are head over heels for him.

"Thank you, Your highness."

"Are you going to the kitchen?"

Why is he asking me that?

"Yes, Your highness."

"Would you mind if I accompany you to your destination?"

"Of course not, Your highness. But my destination is not a place for an honorable person like you."

"So, you do mind. Well, that's not a right thing to show to a Prince."

I quickly bowed again.

"I am sorry, if I have offended your highness. Please forgive me, your highness."

He chuckled. His voice was indeed just as beautiful as his face.

While, I was bowing. I almost dropped the dishes but a pair of hands held them from crashing to the floor. And those pair of hands belong to 2nd Prince.

"Be careful there, beautiful miss. I don't wish to see such pretty hands covered in blood. Let me help you carry some of them and you cannot say no."

I blushed when he called me beautiful. He sure is a sweet talker.

He took some plates from me and we both headed towards the kitchen.

"Miss Ichika, tell me, who is in your family?"

"Me and my mother only."

"Oh! But what about you father?"

"My father died while trying to save the previous emperor."

"Ahh...so you are a noble woman. My father cherished your father as his best friend. He was very thankful when your father saved my father's life. He didn't knew how to repay your father. But, I once heard that my father left a decree which had something to do with your family and the royal family. No one knows what is in it, not even my older brother. I heard that it will be made known to the public when the time is right but that time hasn't came yet even though it has been 3 years since his death."

"Oh really. Then who is the one who knows what's in the decree?"

"My father, your father, and my father assistant, Jo Hisato."

I didn't even realize that we had reached the kitchen until 2nd Prince pointed it out.

"Well, Miss Ichika, I think it's time for me to take my leave since we have reached our destination. It was lovely talking to you. I hope we could have this type of conversation again sometime. What do you think?"

"I would love to have a conversation with your highness but as my status right now, I don't think, it will be appropriate for us to have a conversation alone. It will being a harm to your and his majesty's reputation. So, I am afraid that it will not be possible for us to have a conversation. I sincerely apologize for that. I hope your highness can forgive me for that."

"I suppose you are right. Well, I shall take my leave now. Have a good day, Miss Ichika."

"You too, your highness." I bowed to him before he left and I walked into the kitchen.

Unknowingly, a smile crept out on my face.