16-Kim Taehyung's Birthday

<Dedicated to Kim Taehyung
Happy birthday Taetae. I love you>

This imperial decree had set the same shock on Ichika and her mother as it had set when it was first read to the two royals.

Ichika's eyes had widen out of utter shock. It was like death had made a great visit upon the house. The atmosphere seemed to change too. Everything now felt different.

"Madam, shall we discuss about this?" Lord Hisato said.

Ichika's mother hesitantly nodded not sure as to what she heard was correct or just her imagination.

"Madam, I know you are shocked but this had been set up before the previous emperor died. This is his last decree and it is the right time to reveal it," begin Lord Hisato. "Your husband clearly knew of this and it was very odd of him to not mention this to you."

"As you know that my 2nd son, Prince Reo, is about to get married to the prime minister's elder daughter. We thought of this-" The queen paused and let his majesty continue.

His majesty started, "and it seems inappropriate if my 2nd brother gets married before the emperor of this kingdom. People might get bad idea and it will not be good for this kingdom. Mother..." He gestured for his mother to continue again.

"We thought of this and came up with the date of your daughter and his majesty's marriage. It will be held two days from now." The queen said.

"Since, it has come to this, Miss Ichika is allowed to be here with you until the wedding. And she is no longer under the impression of a servant. She will be treated as a royal consort and soon as a queen of this nation. Yes madam, you heard right. The emperor's first wife always becomes the queen as you may be familiar to this as it has been going on for years." Lord Hisato finished.

Ichika, who has not spoken a word yet, remained frozen. She thought that she was dreaming. Her life had suddenly taken a steep turn and had started climbing upwards instead on downwards.

It had been to sudden that she thought that her life might fall because it had not been prepared for this.

She was going to get married to the man she never dreamed of getting married to. She always thought that she was going to spend the rest of her life as a servant but who knew that this would happen.

"Miss Ichika, your bridal dress will arrive tomorrow and please try it on and tell us if there are some problems with it." The queen said with a stern voice.

She sounded serious, which made Ichika's mother doubt whether the queen was fond of her daughter or not.

"All have been said. Now, if you excuse us, madam, we'll like to take our leave. There are some matters to handle at the palace." Lord Hisato said as everyone got up.

Ichika and her mother did not had any words to say except for listen and just nod to everything that was being said.

There opinion on the imperial decree wouldn't matter anyway. I mean who can refuse an imperial decree. Unless you have a death wish.

"Have a lovely day, madam. Take care of yourself." The queen said with a small smile on her face.

"Y-you t-too, your highness." Ichika's mother muttered out as she and Ichika bowed to the royals and led them outside to their carriage.

As soon as they left, Ichika's mother turned to Ichika and said, "Is this a dream?"

Ichika softly smiled as she shook her head. She said, "Mother, I know it's shocking. But, this is what it is. Get a control over yourself. This is reality and we have to face it."

Ichika felt like someone else spoke out of her. She didn't knew what she said nor what it meant.

"Looks like that the palace has affected on you." Ichika's mother said with a small giggle.

"Mother, let's go in. I'm hungry. Will you please cook for me? I miss your cooking." Ichika said with a small pout on her face.

Ichika's mother chuckled slightly and went to the kitchen to cook for her daughter who she has not seen in months.

She cooks with all her love. She missed her daughter so much. I mean who wouldn't if their daughter had been taken away from them. This was the first time she felt so happy in months. She was always gloomy because her daughter wasn't there anymore.

She was happy to have her back but then the thought of her daughter leaving again because of her marriage, left her sad again.

Salty tears ran down her cheeks as she quickly wiped them away. She didn't want to add sadness in the dish, so she tried to think happy to make her daughter food out of pure happiness and love.

After a while, she was done. She called a servant to serve Ichika.

"Take it to the garden. We will eat their today." Ichika said to the servant who brought the food. The servant nodded as Ichika left to go find her mother.

"Mother, let's eat together." Ichika said to her mother after she had found her still in the kitchen.

Ichika's mother nodded and started walking out of the kitchen but not forgetting to order a maid to clean the kitchen.

They both went to the garden, ate, and caught up with the recent events that took place.

If you looked at their faces, you could clearly tell how much they missed each other.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Hello my lovelies, how are you guys? I hope you have been well and enjoying your break.
Today is our cute little Allen's birthday. I am so happy for him. I love him so much and let me tell you how much I ship him with Jungkook(no offense to those who don't ship them).

I hope he is well and happy. I am looking forward for BTS new album and songs. I am so happy for them and will support them even after I die.

Anyway, as always, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and this book. This book is going to end next year(get it). Have a lovely day, my lovely readers.