18-New Year's Present/Part 2

<Enjoy the part 2>

Ichika was thinking about all the things she will have to do. She only saw her mother a few minutes ago and she already missed her.

Ichika showed signs of boredom, so, the maid sitting in her carriage, across from her, said, "Miss, are you bored?"

Ichika looked startled. She was in very deep thoughts that she forgot that their was another person in the carriage.

"Oh my goodness, you scared me to death." Ichika said as she clutched her chest to where her heart was.

The girl let out a soft giggle and said, "I'm sorry, miss. It was my purpose to scare you. I hope you can forgive me."

"It's ok. It was also sort of my fault too. But, what did you ask me?" Ichika said with a smile plastered on her face.

"I asked if you were bored, which I think you are since the palace is still far away."

"I am quite bored. But, what can you do to make this boredom go away?" Ichika asked the still unknown maid.

The maid smiled and said, "There is this game I know. It's really fun. Do you want to play?"

Ichika face formed into confusion before saying, "How can we play a game in this carriage?"

The maid let out a small fit of giggles before saying, "Miss, I never said that we ever need to get up to play this game. This gar can be played while sitting and causes no ruckus, unless, we start to laugh."

"To play this game, there can be as many players as you like, just not one. You have to hide your fingers behind the other hand and the other player has to find the other player's middle finger. You can move your fingers around but they must be hidden behind your other hand." The maid said with a big smile on her face.

"I understand. Thank you for recommending it. It looks fun. Let's play, uhhh..." Ichika trailed off not knowing the maids name yet.

"Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. Forgive me, my lady. My name is Sato Aina." The maid introduced herself.

"My name is Aki Ichika." Ichika said with a big smile on her face knowing that she won't be alone in the palace anymore.

She did had friends but they were all maids and they weren't legitimate enough to visit her at anytime unlike Aina, who was now her personal maid.

She got along with Aina pretty well. In such a short time, they became close friends.

They played around 10 rounds of the game and Aina was the winner because she was familiar with this game.

After the game, they both got to know each other. Ichika found out that Aina was from another kingdom who had fallen years ago. The king had been killed and the kingdom was forced to surrender.

Ichika felt sorry for her and both of them became closer than they had ever been with another person.

"Miss, you know, you are very lucky to marry someone as emperor Yuto. He has brought so much glory to this kingdom."

"Don't talk about him, now." Ichika blushed and that is how the teasing started.

"You like him, don't you?" Aina asked with a smug look shown on her face.

Ichika looked startled when Aina said that. "W-what?! N-n-o, i-I don't l-like him." She stuttered, which blew her secret.

"Yeah, sure. I can tell that you don't like him." Aina said with a smirk on her face.

"Ye-" She got cut off by Aina.

Aina said, "Because you love him." Aina had a very big and visible smirk plastered on her face.

"I-" Ichika was stopped from protesting.

"Miss, we're here. Please be ready to leave the carriage." A vocie said from outside. Ichika thought that it was probably a servant because there were servants walking beside the carriage.

"Miss, get up." Aina said to Ichika.

Ichika nodded and slowly got up, trying to prevent her head from touching/hitting the roof of the carriage.

Aina helped her out as Ichika walked down the golden steps. Aina came down after her.

"Miss, this way, please." Ichika followed the maid who had informed her about them arriving at the destination.

Ichika was brought to slightly behind his majesty. They both started to walk on the several stone steps to get to the main hall where all the previous emperor's tomb tablets were brought to let the newly wed couple pay their respect to their ancestors.

This was also tradition, so, there was no backing out.

When they reached inside the main hall, a maid quickly put a veil over Ichika's head, which prevented the people to see her face clearly. It was also tradition.
(A/n- there are so many traditions. More will be shown later.)

The heads of the officials, who were in the main hall waiting for the new couple to arrive, turned and bowed to both of them.

His majesty and Ichika kept watching, ignoring the stares of the officials. The prime minister was there too and boy did he look furious. If you looked at his face, you would burst out laughing at the spot because he looked like a dying tomato.

His majesty and Ichika walked towards the tomb tablets and stood there facing them.

Lord Kaito came and stood in front of them. He said with a loud voice, "Let's all bow to the newly wed couple! May you have a peaceful life!" Lord Kaito yelled as he, alongside with everyone, bowed to his majesty and Ichika who had turned to look at the officials.

After some seconds, everyone got to their feet and stood straight and waited for his majesty and Ichika to finish the traditionally rules.

"First bow to each other!!" Lord Kaito yelled as he moved to the side of the tomb tablets to let the couple finish the formalities.

His majesty and Ichika looked at each other and bowed. Both of them were probably looked like tomatoes but alive and healthy potatoes unlike someone there in the main hall.

"2nd bow to the ancestors!" Lord Kaito yelled again as his majesty and Ichika turned away from each other and bowed to the ancestors.

"3rd bow to each other!" His majesty and Ichiak bowed to each other again.

After that, they bowed to the ancestors again and then to each other again and did it once again and the bowing was now done.

Aina came and took Ichika from there and lead her to her new room.

Ichika looked amazed by upon seeing the big room. It was decorated with red everywhere. It was also tradition. (A/n-I know, I know. There are a lot of tradition and more to come. I don't know how many. I made some up and some I got from watching Chinese historical dramas.)

"Miss, sit here and wait for his majesty to come. And do not take the veil of your head. It is his majesty's job to do it." Aina told Ichika as she left the room.

Ichika was already bored and did not knew how much bored could she get. She had to wait so long just for his majesty to come and take the veil of her.

It's a stupid idea of me waiting here just for him to come. And everyone knows that he won't come that early. It's boring. I'm already getting bored. What should I do? Ichika thought as she kept thinking of what to do.

She suddenly smiled really brightly as an idea came to her head.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Hello guys, here is part two. Happy New year guys. I hope you are enjoying it. Let's all forget about the past and focus on the present and the future.
And as always, I hope you guys like this chapter and my gift for you. Happy New year again. And have a lovely day/night, my lovely readers.