Chapter 5

Florence's POV

It was at least 11:30 by now and I was freezing. I wasn't ready to go back yet so I just walked around aimlessly. I noticed an empty lot across the street. I decided to walk over there and as I got closer I noticed a figure watching me from a distance. My hand started to make its way to my back pocket where I kept my swithcblade. I flipped it open and got closer and closer to the person. As I got closer I noticed that they were wearing a denim jacket and had dark hair which was greased back. I slowly got closer and realised that it was Johnny. He is brown eyes staring at my hand. I had forgotten that my switchblade was in my hand. I put it back in my pocket and walked over to Johnny. He smiled that breath-taking smile that could make your knees weak. "Hey, Flo."

"Hey, Johnny. What are you doing out her?"

"My parents kicked me out. Why are you still out here? It's atleats on in the morning."

"Oh, shit. I told Two I'd be back by twelve."

"Yeah, I know. I'll walk you back to the Curtis'."

"You don't have to."

"Well I want to." I started shaking 'cause I was so cold. "Are you cold? Here have my jacket." He took off his denim jacket and gave it to me. "No, it's your jacket. You'll get cold."

"I don't mind." I smiled and put my arms in the jacket and wrapped around me. It was a bit big but at least it was warm. "Come on lets get you home."

Johnnys POV 

We started walking back to the Curtis' house when I heard a car engine rev behind us. I turned around to be blinded by car lights. I was hoping that it wasn't the soc because I just didn't want Florence getting jumped her first day here. I turned around again and saw a blue mustang getting closer to us. Bob. Instead of hopng it wasn't the socs, I hoped that they wouldn't notice us. "Florence stay close to me." 

"What? Why?"

"You don't have soc from where your from?"

"No, not really."

"Okay well if I tell you to run you run, as fast as you can and as far as you can, you get it?" She just nodded. I grabbed her hand and we started to speed up pace. The tuff mustang was now driving slowly next to us. "Hey grease, who's the broad?"

"None of your business Bob. Now do us both a favour and keep on moving?"

"Oh. Because of that I might just take your girl." Florence tightened her grip on my hand. I wasn't going to let them hurt her.

"Please, Bob. We don't want no trouble."

"Well I do. How about we make this interesting? I'll give you 10 seconds to run before I come after you. Now run." We both started running as fast as we could and I could hear them laughing behind us. I knew Bob wasn't a man of his word so I knew we had to get as far as we could as fast as we could.

We were a block away from the Curtis' house when Bobs car puled up to us again. "Found you." They all jumped of the car and I started reaching towards my back pocket. "Lets have some more fun, shall we? I'm going to do anything I want to to your girl and I'm going to make you watch." Bob started laughing and I swear I would have killed him right then and there if one of the socs didn't grab my arms and pull me back. My hand got ripped away from Florences and she got pulled back by Bobs friend Randy. They threw her to the ground and Bob straddled her. I couldn't bear to watch so I turned my head away but the guy holding me pinched my face and turned it so I had to watch. 

Florence's POV

He pressed his hard cracked lips against my lips. I tried to turn my head away but he pulled it back and started kissing my jaw and neck. "Leave her alone!" I heard Johnny shout at the soc. 

"How about no?" I saw Johnny get slugged in the face by another soc. I started to squirm to get free but the socs just tightened there grip. The soc on top of me pulled out his switchblade and held it next to my eye. "I think I should start here. What do you think?"

"I think you should shove it up...." I was cut off by him pressing the blade further into my skin. I yelled in agony. He started dragging the blade down the side of my face till he got to my jaw. "You enjoying the show, grease?" He turned to look at Johnny who was crying and trying to escape the socs grasp. "Just let her go. Hurt me instead!"

"Okay. I thats what you want greaser." The soc stood up and made his way towards Johnny. He stuck the switchblade to his stomach but he didn't dig it in to hard. I couldn't stand to see Johnny getting hurt. I took a deep breath. "You know I sort of really liked you kissing me." The soc looked at me and I winked at him. He started smirking. "I knew you would come around baby. Let her up." The soc let me go and I made my way towards the other soc.

Johnnys POV

"This shirt looks really good on you. Screw hanging around with these greasers, I want a soc." He smirked at her and grabbed the back of her neck and started kissing her again. I felt jealousy and anger boil inside of me. Was it true, did she really not care about us? Did she actually want to be with this soc? He pulled away. "Come on babe. You can have the last hit on the greaser and then we'll go."

"Okay." She kissed his cheek and strutted over to me. I couldn't look her in the eye. She raised her hand into a fist and it felt like time was going in slow mosion 'cause her hand started to head towards my face very slowly. I turned to look away when she ended up slugging the soc behind me in the face. He fell to the floor and she turned around to start fighting with Randy. I heard the gang running towards us. I looked over at Flo to see how she was doing when I witnessed her get wacked round the head with a metal pole. I felt like I stopped breathing when she fell to the floor. The gang were to late to save her and now I might lose her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cliffhanger. I'm not really sure about this chapter but here we go anyway. I hope ya'll enjoyed this chapter.