Chapter 17

Florence's POV

When we got to the drive in we had to climb through the hole in the fence so we didn't have to pay to get in. It got my skirt dirty but I didn't mind. We all sat down and I sat next to Johnny on the end. We were watching a movie when two soc girls came and sat in front of Pony and Dal. I didn't mind because for all I know they could actually be polite to us. Dally started to flirt with them and I didn't feel anything. No jealousy, no anger, no sadness. Just emotionless. "GET LOST HOOD!" Well then. I guess she wasn't as nice as I thought she would be. But then again Dally can be a bit pushy. He stood up and walked to the concession stand. "Are you gonna start in on us too?!"

"No." Ponyboy replied calmly.

"You don't seem like the type anyway." She smiled. "What's your name?"

'Ponyboy, Ponyboy Curtis."

"Original name. My names Sherri but everyone calls me Cherry because of my hair. What's a good kid like you hanging around with white trash like that?"

"Dally's my pal. I'm a grease too, we're all buddies." Pony started to get offendend.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to." Dally came back with cokes for all of us including the two soc girls. He sat next to Cherry.

"Here this should cool you off." He started paying attention to the screen when she threw the coke all over him.

"I cool off when you start to act better." He tried to kiss her.

"Lay of, Dal." Johnny stood up.

"What d'ya say you little shit?"

"Leave her alone, man."

"Whatever." He walked off obviously angry at everyone but he managed to smile at me.

"Thanks, I was really scared."

"You sure didn't show it. Don't nobody talk to Dal like that."

"Well I saw you do it." She smiled at Johnny and I started to get jealous. Her friend turned round to face us.

"Why don't ya'll sit up here so you can protect us?" She giggled. Johnny looked at Pony and they both sat in the front with them leaving me behind.

"Guys?" Cherry turned around.

"Look, they clearly don't want to be sat with you. Why don't you just get lost?"

"Ponyboy?"

"Yeah, Flo. Just leave. It's getting late. Plus you can look after yourself. What if Dally comes back for them?" He screamed a little bit. "Just leave okay? We don't want you around at the moment!" What the hell was going on?

"Johnny?"

"Uh, yeah. Just get of here, Flo don't nobody want you hanging around. Gosh, you're so clingy."

"Assholes." I stood up and did something totally unexpected. I poured my coke over Cherry. Ponyboy stood up like he was about to cry and he looked back down at Cherry.

"Don't just stand there do something to her, for me." She batted her eyelashes and Ponyboy turned around and slapped me in the face. He couldn't believe he just did that.

"Florence, I-"

"Save it. You had to save your little girlfriend. She's clearly more important than me. You know what I went through. Thanks a bunch, Pony. See you around." I walked out and they all just sat there in awe. I wasn't gonna take this. I hoped on my skateboard and started for the DX. I know that sometimes Soda and Steve stay behind to earn extra money. I rolledd up and they were still there working on one of Bucks cars. "Hey, Soda. Do you know if anyone is at yours right now?"

"Not that I know of. Everyone is out, why?"

"Don't worry. If Pony and Johnny coming looking for me tell them you don't know where I am okay?"

"Flossy, what's wrong?"

"Nothing why would you think something is wrong?"

"Because your crying." I didn't even realise I was.

"All I'm going to say is two of my friends were assholes to me tonight and I won't forgive either of them." I took off again with Soda yelling my name behind me.

When I got to the Curtis' house I threw my board on the floor and went straight to Pony's and Soda's room. If I were Soda where would I hide a switch? I rumaged through their room and finally found it hidden under the bed. I was about to flick it open when the bedroom door open. "Florence?" I looked up to see the whole gang standing in the door way.

"Shit." My first thought was to climb out the window. It wasn't a big drop but I wasn't sure I could land it with my bad ankle.

"Give me the blade, Flossy. We can talk about it instead."

"No. I'm not giving my blade again. I need this." I heard the rain pounding on the window. I looked at pony and Johnny who were both crying. Soda started to walk towards me.

"Give me the blade, Florence. We all want to help you."

"No, Soda. You can't have my switch." Darry was now stood at the door. The whole gang looked like they were going to cry. I couldn't take it. They did care about me but I needed comfort right now and all I would get from them is pity. Without thinking I lifted up the window and jumped out. I heard Two-Bit screaming my name. I slipped when I landed and did even more damage to my ankle but I didn't care. I scrambled to stand up as I watched Two-Bit try to climb out the window but Darry kept trying to pull him in. "Let go of me, Darry. That's my baby sister down there and I need to help her!" I tried to run and made it the lake again but before I got any further my ankle gave in on me and I fell. I didn't bother trying to get back up again so I just layed there with the rain pounding on my chest and face. I heard Two-Bit make his way towards me very slowly and lay down next to me. "I'm not going to take the blade away from you, Florence. Will you tell me what happened? You were doing so well."

"Help me stand up, please." He pulled me and I wrapped my arm around his shoulders. "I need to get to the lake."

"Florence, I don't know about that."

"I'm not going to jump in, I promise."

"Fine." He walked me over to the lake and we just stood there staring at it a while. I looked down at my switch and took a deep breath. I threw it as far as I could get it. I watched it splash into the water and I felt a real smile form across my face for once.

"Carry me." Two-Bit laughed and put me on his back.

"Lets go home." I layed my head down on his back, not because I was tired but because I was thinking. I just nodded and he started walking back to the gang. "We have to go to the Curtis' so Darry can check your ankle, okay beautiful?" I nodded and held on tight around Two-Bits neck.

Last thing I remember that night was Darry wrapping another bandage around my ankle and Two-Bit trying to get me to tell him what set me off. "Ask Johnny and Ponyboy. They should know what happened." I looked at them and Ponyboy was crying while Johnny was sat there shaking. I closed my eyes and fell asleep to everyone talking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She's getting better guys. No more self-harm for Florence. I'm not really sure how well theses chapter are at the moment. They probably aint that good so feedback?