Chapter 28

Johnny's POV

It's been two months since we all last saw her. The doctor said that we couldn't see her because they wanted to help her get over her depression. But the only problem with that is we have all been going through our own depression. Knowing that Florence wanted to kill herself and has amnesia and probably won't remember any of us makes me want to kill myself. The doctor said he would phone us once they have helped her get over her depression and she is better. Two months and nothing. No phone call. Two-Bit phones everyday trying to see if we can see her but they always say no. I just want to hold her in my arms and tell her everything is going to be okay but I know it isn't going to be okay and I hate myself for it. None of us has done anything productive. Two-Bit is drinking more, Dally gets into more trouble, Ponyboy doesn't read or watch movies, I don't speak at all to anyone, Soda doesn't smile anymore and Steve doesn't eat chocolate cake, at all. He says it reminds him of Flo because they would always eat chocolate cake together. I think Darry is the only one that won't let himself go insane like the rest of us even if its killing him. 

This day was completely different to the rest because for once Two-Bit wasn't drunk and Dally wasn't in the cooler. So we were all sat on the floor. None of us sat on the couch and I don't think any of us knew why. Anyway we were all just sat on the floor doing nothing. There was a few small conversations here and there but nothing to big. Darry was sat in his chair reading the paper when the phone started to ring. The whole gang have learnt not to get there hopes up because they all knew that it wasn't going to be about Florence. Darry picked up the phone and started talking while none of us even flinched or had any emotion what so ever. "Hello?"

"Are you being serious?"

"Oh my gosh! Thats amazing thank you!"

"We'll be right over! Thank you again!" He put the phone down and we all looked up to see him smiling from ear to ear. Now that was unusual. "That was the hospital. They say we can go and see Florence. She is over her depression!" We all sat there emotionless until it all soaked in. I was the first one to say anything.

"Well then what are we waiting for?! Lets go!" Everyone looked at me in shock and I could tell I was smiling widely. It finally soaked in that we could see Flo and everyone was jumping about and smiling and laughing and it finally felt like everything was back to normal. Well that was before we got to the hospital.

The doctor was waiting for us in the reception and took us to Flos room. Two-Bit was the first to walk in. When we all finally piled in there stood in a row Florence har back to us and was watching mickey on tv. It looked like a new episode. We all heard her laugh again and a smile grew across everyones face at that. "She still has amnesia but she can remember somethings which is a good thing. Like when she watches mickey mouse she says it reminds her of her brother but she can't remember his name and when she eats chocolate cake says it reminds her of one of her best friends. Just help her get her memory back, okay?" He whispered to us. We all just nodded. He turned the tv off. "Florence, you have visitors." She turned around facing us. She was no longer pale and her eyes sparkled again. I just want to run up to her and give her the biggest hug but I know I can't. We all slowly walked over to her and I could tell she was getting scared. I sat down on the floor and everyone copied me. 

"Do you remember us, Flo?" Two-Bit was the first to speak. His voice was so calm and relaxed and I knew he was happy to see her again. She just shook her head and bit her lip. "Do you remember you?" She nodded. "Whats your name?" 

"Florence Marie Matthews." She was spoke silently and her voice was shaky.

"Do you have any family?" She nodded her head.

"I-I have a mom and a brother."

"Do you remember your brothers name?" She shook her head and looked down ashamed. "That's okay. Do you remember anything about your brother?"

"I know he is older than me and he has a bunch of friends that are like family to me. I remember he loves mickey mouse. I remember always laughing at the jokes he would tell. And I remember he had a nickname." She started to smile to herself.

"Can you remember his nickname?" She closed her eyes.

"I think it was something like T-T-Two-Bit?" Two-Bits face lit up.

"I think that's his nickname too." She looked up and smiled at him. "Can you remember anything about his friends?"

"Well there was five of them. No! Six. And they were like family to me. I loved them with all my heart."

"Can you remember anyones name?" She shook her head. Dammit. "Can you remember anything about them?" Everyone was staring at her intently. She sighed and shook her head no. All of our shoulders slumped. The doctor walked back in with a clipboard.

"Right, time for bed, Flossy."

"One of my friends use to call me Flossy." She smiled at herself for remembering something and Darry's face lit up this time. Please just remember me, Flo.

"Can we stay here with her?" Two-Bit questioned. The doctor just nodded his head and brought in some pillows and blankets.

By the time we all set our beds up Florence was fast asleep in her bed. she looked so relaxed and peaceful. I will get her to remember me no matter what. With thoughts of Florence filling my head I fell to sleep.