Chapter 24

Johnny's POV

I miss Florence so much. She left yesterday and it feels like I haven't seen her in months. All the guys were just sat on the floor not talking and not moving. The tv wasn't on and the chocolate cake hadn't been touched. It's amazing how much impact one person can make on a group of boys. My thoughts were interrupted by Darry walking through the door with the biggest smile on his face. "I have something that will cheer you all up." He said in a sing-song voice.

"I doubt that very much, Dar." I whispered. He just shook his head and laughed. 

"Look what I picked up on my way here." Everyone turned to Darry who walked back outside. He came back in carrying a girl bridal style through the door. She was trying so hard not to laugh.

"Gosh, you guys look horrible."

"FLORENCE!!" We all screamed at the same time. Darry put her down and she got bombarded with hugs. 

"Hey guys." We pulled away. "Why do ya'll look like you haven't moved in days?"

"Because we haven't moved since you left." She slugged me on the arm.

"You idiots. Eat, sleep, move, do something with your life. It's only for a month. Undertstand?" We all nodded. "Good." She walked up to Sodapop and wrapped her arms around him. And he did the same. She then went round the group kissing all the guys on the cheek leaving red lipstick marks. None of the boys noticed which made Florence laugh. Then she came to me. "And you get an extra special kiss for being an extra special boyfriend." 

"Not until you wipe the stuff off your mouth." She laughed and just shook her head.

"Nope. I'm making a statement." I just laughed and cupped her face in my hands and pulled her towards me. She wrapped her hands around my neck and my hands snaked their way to her waist. I felt butterflys in my stomach again. I heard the guys clapping and wooping in the background but neither of us pulled away. She finally pulled away only because she needed to breath. we were both breathing heavily and smiling at each other. "Red is definately your colour." She laughed and so did I.

-fake cough-

"Oh, guys. This is one of the girls I live with, Soph. Soph this is Steve, Ponyboy, Sodapop, Two-Bit, Dally and Johnny, my personal favourite." She winked at me and giggled.

"I better be your favourite." I pointed my finger at her and she just laughed.

"Guys this is Soph." There was a bunch of muffled 'hello' and 'hi'. 

"When do you need to go back?"

"I don't know. She didn't say." She looked at me then looked away.

"What did she really say?" She laughed.

"We need to be back by 7 so we're going back whenever we want to. I'm showing them what a greaser is like." She smiled at me.

"Well, atleast we have a whole day together." She jumped into my arms and I spun her around. She giggled.

"Put me down!"

"Nope."

"Jonathon Cade, put me down right now!" I laughed and threw her on the couch. She landed on Soda who yelped when she did so.

"Fancy meeting you here, Soda." He laughed

"You're not as heavy as I thought."

"What are trying to say?"

"The amount you eat, you're skinny and weigh a tiny amount."

"Is that a good thing or...?"

"Probably a good thing." She smiled at him and then kissed his cheek. I don't know why but I got extremely jealous and angry.

"Okay, Soda. Give me my girl back."

"Is someone jealous?" She smirked at me.

"No." I didn't want to seem clingy.

"Shame 'cause I think when boys get jealous it's really cute." I just shook my head. "Come here, Johnnycake." She stood up and walked to me. "Lets all go do something. Dingo?" She kissed my cheek and everyone nodded. She grabbed my hand and we were all out the door running down the road and laughing.