Chapter 8

Dally's POV

When I saw Florence walk down stairs in that outfit I felt like I had stopped breathing and my heart was pounding against my chest. She didn't say anything to us just kept walking. I was staring at her ass the whole time. After a couple of seconds talking to Darry she came back out and said something but I didn't hear what she said. I was too busy staring at her. She turned around on her heal and walked back to Darry. Both her and Darry started laughing and I just couldn't stop staring at her smile. I have never felt this way about a broad and I'm not sure if I like it. All I know is that if shes not mine I won't be able to go on. She sat down at the table and started to eat chocolate cake. Finally I flicked back into reality when Steve stood up and sat next to her. They started talking and no one could hear what they were talking about. After a couple of seconds Steve turned round and stuck his thumbs up. I started to get really jealous. Steve kept flirting with her and I thought that she wasn't having any of it until she started flirting back. I felt like I could punch Steve right then and there. How come Two-Bit hasn't said anything. Steve wrapped his arm around her waist and she just left it there. We could all feel the anger heating off of Two-Bit. "Steve! Remove your arm from my little sisters waist, would ya?"

"She doesn't seemed bothered, Two. Why are you?"

"I'm protective over her. Just remove your arm before I skin ya."

"Florence is my arm bothering you?" She turned to look at Two-Bit who was just about to blow. Then she turned back to Steve and did the unexpected, she kissed him on the cheek. "It's not bothering me in the slightest. Ease up, Two." Steve had a huge smile on his face and soon all of the gang had gone and sat at the table glaring at Steve who was having the time of his life.

After a couple of minutes past by Florence stood up. "I'm gonna go for a walk." She turned to Johnny who was just playing with the rest of his cake. "Johnny, will you come with me?" He looked up with wide eyes and nodded. They both started making there way to the door. I knew Johnny had feelings for Florence but so did I. But then again I have charisma, it's obvious Florence is going to want me over any of the guys.

Johnny's POV

Florence and I walked in silence for a while until we got to the park. No one really goes here during the day because its full of hoodlums, also known as us. We both sat on the swings and she broke the silence. "I wanted to thank you, Johnny."

"For what?"

"For when you saved me when we got jumped by them soc."

"I didn't save you. If anything I should be thanking you for saving me." She smiled showing of her white, sparkling teeth.

"And because you were so nice to me when I first got here. I feel like I can tell you anything. You really are the bestest friend ever." She leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. I started to blush and smile uncontrollably.

"Maybe we should start going back now. Two-Bit would kill me if something happened to you." She smiled ever so lightly and I knew something was wrong but didn't say anything. 

"Okay, come on then." We stood up and started walking back.

While we were walking back we heard a car engine behind us. I felt Florence grab my hand and I started smiling again. I squeezed her hand to let her know that everything would be okay. She turned to look at me and smiled. A car pulled up behind us and she tensed up and squeezed my hand tighter. "Look what we have here. Two little greasers walking home." I turned round to see Steves car. I realised Florence and I were still holding hands. I saw her staring at our hands but she didn't pull away she just stood there with her hand in mine. We walked back to Steves car and I noticed that both of them were staring at our hands. I saw Steves fist clench and I knew instantlly he was jealous. Soda was the first to speak up. "Do you guys want a ride home?" 

"No, I think we'll be all right." Florence replied straight away.

"Oh...Well...Okay. Have you guys got your switchblades?"

"Yeah. Bye guys." Florence and I waved and carried on walking. I couldn't help but smile that she was still holding my hand. 

When we got to the Curtis' house everyone was staring at us. Two-Bit walked out of the kitchen with choclate cake and a beer in his hand. He looked up at Flo and I and then at Dally, who had anger in his eyes but was smirking, then back at us. He dropped his plate and bottle. Both Flo and I flinched at the crash. Two stomped over to me with his switchbalde in his hand. This is the first time I have ever seen him serious about anything. He must really love his sister. "What is this?!"

"We just went for a walk. What's the big deal, Two?" He looked down and I realised he was staring at our hands. Florence quickly pulled away.

"Thats what the big deal is! Stay away from my sister, you bum."

"Two-Bit calm down. I got scared and he was just comforting me." I turned to look at Florence.

"I will not calm down. He's trying to make a move on you, Flo!"

"Well, maybe I don't care. Maybe I knew that the whole time and I liked it." Two-Bit turned to look at her both of them looking completely calm. 

"Go sit over with Dally, please?" He pleaded to her. She frowned but slowly walked to Dally who winked at her. "And you, keep away from sister." He stared right at me. I turned to look at Florence who was sat next to Dally. He had his arm around her and she was just staring at her feet. I swear to god I saw her cry. I stared back at Two-Bit. 

"Happily." I turned and slammed the door behind me. I started making my way to the lot with tears streaming down my face. I wasn't going to give up that easily. This means war Dallas Winston.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like this chapter, I think its really cute. What to you guys think? I would love to have feedback, Positive or negative. Until tomorrow my yummy looking chocolate cakes and beer bottles.